Senior Systems Administrator
- Do you have a real passion for technology, hunger to learn, and motivation to foster your technology career?
- Are you keen to drive a DevOps approach to systems management within a company starting its DevOps journey
- This is a superb opportunity for you to design, administer, and support applications and infrastructure across WesCEF
- A permanent full time position based across both our Murdoch and Kwinana locations with flexible working options available
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers (WesCEF) operates businesses that service a range of sectors in both domestic and international markets. We recognise that our people are central to our success; after all they have helped drive our businesses to become well-recognised industry leaders for over 100 years.
We are a talented and engaged group of people who strive to support our innovative and sustainable businesses through diversity of thinking, skills and experiences.
About the Opportunity:
With your real passion for technology, you will ensure the delivery of robust and performant information systems across WesCEF by designing, administering, and supporting our applications, systems and infrastructure. This role will have a focus on driving adoption of DevOps and automation capabilities. You will:
- Take a lead role in the administration, operation, adoption and performance of applications and systems across both on premise and cloud infrastructure
- Implement automation and self-service capabilities to scale and manage IT systems effectively
- Design and execute disaster recovery processes
- Undertake root-cause analysis to prevent problem re-occurrence and support the team with complex trouble-shooting
- Participate in the IT After Hours Technical Support on call roster
Do you have the following skills and experience?
- A passion for technology and a desire to automate!
- Exposure to enterprise and cloud infrastructure technologies (virtualization, server operating systems, storage platforms)
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise applications like SharePoint, Jira, Active Directory, Office365 and Primavera, to name a few
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role with Tertiary qualifications in an IT related discipline
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving ability with proven ability to deliver in a dynamic fast paced environment
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We pride ourselves on developing and supporting people and recognise the importance of flexibility. When you apply, please let us know if you are seeking a flexible employment arrangement.
Applications close: 5pm Thursday, 20 September 2018