Senior Cloud Engineer
- Champion the practice of DevOps and agile ways of working
- Use your passion and expertise to drive the adoption of Cloud services
- Help influence technology adoption and direction within the IT&S infrastructure and operations teams
- A permanent full time position based at our convenient Murdoch WA location - open to various types of flexibility
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers (WesCEF) operates businesses that service a range of sectors in both domestic and international markets. We recognise that our people are central to our success; after all they have helped drive our businesses to become well-recognised industry leaders for over 100 years.
We are a talented and engaged group of people who strive to support our innovative and sustainable businesses through diversity of thinking, skills and experiences.
About this opportunity:
In this newly crafted position you will be responsible for developing our IT roadmap, in conjunction with the Enterprise Architecture team, for the adoption of and migration to new Cloud services and infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for developing strong automation capabilities and contributing to the development of best practices for the use and management of Cloud technologies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in the day-to-day administration and operation of Cloud based systems, infrastructure and services.
- Providing support to end users and liaise with the business units to drive adoption, resiliency and performance of the WesCEF cloud platforms.
- Effectively prioritising IT operations in an dynamic environment.
- Building automation and orchestration systems to support Cloud systems efficiently.
- Tuning and monitoring network and system performance and operation of WesCEF’s cloud platforms.
- Designing and executing disaster recovery processes.
- Scoping and coordinating the delivery of technical projects as required.
Do you have a mixture of the following skills, capabilities and experience?
- Extensive experience in cloud ecosystems (Azure or AWS) and in developing, deploying and maintaining automation, orchestration and configuration management systems.
- Tertiary qualifications in an IT related discipline, or significant IT experience with production systems and business application.
- Highly developed analytical and proven problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- Highly motivated with excellent organisational skills.
- Experience managing moderate sized technical projects.
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We pride ourselves on developing and supporting people and recognise the importance of flexibility. When you apply, please let us know if you are seeking a flexible employment arrangement.
Applications close: 5pm Monday, 28 May 2018