UX Design Lead
Our UX Lead is accountable to enhance the user experience and ensure usability across all digital channels and assets. This role plays a key part in the new Experience Design Team.
Working closely with the Head of Experience and the UX Manager, you will also be collaborating with Product, Sales & Marketing and Technology teams, to support the strategic delivery of a world-class digital design experience that evokes brand personality, drives high user engagement, and targets strong digital sales and self-service outcomes across all devices.
As a user-focused and motivated individual you will help foster an effective world class Experience Design team. Grow relationships with project / delivery teams, business owners and senior management whilst championing Experience Design and educating the business on design standards and UX processes.
The following responsibilities are attributable to the above position. However, other duties may be required from time to time as directed by your manager:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Define the UX & Design direction and lead the UX & Design activities for the Sales and Service Channels
- Lead and govern design teams, with direct responsibility for UX outputs and deliverables, while working directly with UI/Visual Designers, Developers and Product Owners.
- Lead design sprints and continuously deliver user flows and quality design iterations throughout the lifecycle of an experience
- Transform problems into various fidelity-based prototypes, functional specifications and designs that consider user requirements, performance and exceptional digital experiences.
- Create designs that are ready for UI/Visual Designers, then create development ready final designs whilst working directly with delivery teams.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders contribute to the prioritization process and ensure consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience is delivered throughout the various Vocus Channels
- Drive design decisions that adopt latest standards and best practices for the relevant platforms and ensure adherence to Vocus experience standards while adapting to new technology components
- Facilitate ideation and design workshops that embed the customer throughout the delivery process, whilst creating project approaches using Design sprint plans and user centered methodologies.
- Engage with product owners to ensure the delivery of quality customer-led experiences and define the product vision
- Create, Implement and govern the design language system (DLS) throughout the redesign, development and continuous improvement of channels
- Plan and coordinate user research and user testing for feature and design releases
- Provide recommendations and apply researching findings and insights to UX and design solutions
- Help mentor, lead and grow the UX & design team members and to help foster an enthusiastic collaborative and high preforming Experience Design team
- Support the creation of usable, accessible, and memorable digital experiences that excite and inspire customers
- Ensure WCAG 2.0 AA Standards are met or exceeded and that no customers miss out, regardless of their abilities
- Lead UX project teams for a multi-device and omni-channel environments, offering desirability and usability to customers, regardless of their channel or device of choice
- Customer-focused designer, with significant experience in UX Design, Design Thinking and agile Development.
- Ability to lead and manage UX Design project teams, to meet objectives and outcomes while fostering an enthusiastic collaborative and high preforming environment.
- A strong Interaction Design background and ability
- A proven enthusiastic, driven and motivated attitude towards User Experience design and mentoring others.
- Strong knowledge and experience in UX Design methodologies, utilized at various stages of the product development process.
- Knowledge of broader product, service and experience design in an omni-channel environment
- Experience using major CX measurement outputs (NPS, CSAT, VOC etc.) to guide experience design outputs and refinements
- Experience in utilizing modern design and delivery methodologies like Agile, Lean UX and Design Thinking.
- Demonstrable design thinking and journey mapping qualifications and experience.
- Hands-on design prototyping exposure with key software platforms, including Sketch, InVision, Principle, Zeplin and Adobe.
- Understanding and appreciation of core digital channels and capabilities, including web, mobile, social, identity and support
- Demonstrable project management experience and an ability to work within tightly defined budgetary parameters.
- Tertiary qualified with formal education across design, psychology or business ideal.
- Exceptional cognitive, written and verbal skills and relationship management expertise.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate research insights to senior stakeholders.
- High energy levels, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to influence and educate stakeholders and Designers professionally and effectively.
- Significant experience working within an Experience Design discipline in an enterprise environment
- Background managing creative agency and partner relationships in the delivery of design outcomes
Before you go: Let me tell you a bit about us. We are about market domination and having fun on the way there. We know how to celebrate when we smash it and we know not to sweat the small stuff. We are all about flexible working and, hand-on-heart, practice work life balance. We let you buy more leave and hand it out if you hang around for five years. We have no dress code and we give you a day off on your anniversary. There is sooooo much more, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn and have a read about us...promise, it will make you smile!Dedicated work stream to focus on!, Awesome employee benefits and a dynamic team environment!, Telecommunications Company!