Senior Business Development Manager Govt
Vocus (ASX:VOC) is an award winning and fast growing telecommunications services provider to the telco, corporate and Government markets in Australia. Vocus is fast becoming recognised as an employer of choice and an organisation where your career can grow with us.
We currently have a vacant position within our VIC Government team located in Melbourne. The successful candidate will find themselves in a Business Development role that also includes some aspects of Account Management.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with VIC Government Departments and the lead Agency to determine their existing and future communications needs
- Propose suitable products, services and upgrades in order to maintain and grow revenue
- Develop trusting relationships with all core agencies securing their long-term business with Vocus
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and work with the Customer Service team to deal with complaints
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements
- Maintaining constant contact with assigned clients and ensure an optimal level of service is provided at all times
- Understand the customer's objectives, buying criteria and decision making process and form long term business partnerships
- Negotiate price and volume discounts in accordance with the empanelled framework
- Liaise with Technical Support staff regarding technical and installation issues to ensure client retention and continued business
- Coordinate product demonstrations (where applicable) and the preparation of Sales proposals, tender/bids, contracts and account management plans
Ideally you would have:
- Outstanding negotiation and persuasive ability and excellent communication skills
- Sound product and industry knowledge coupled with the ability to deal with clients at an executive level and translate client needs into a complete solution
- At least 5-6 years proven experience as an Account Manager, ideally managing Government accounts
- Experience in ICT sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with public servants of Government entities
- The ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Security clearance or be capable of security clearance by AGSVA.
In return Vocus commit to a fast paced and fun workplace that is committed to career development opportunities within the company nationally and across different areas.
We have the best employee benefits such as telecommunication and utility discounts, the ability to purchase leave, anniversary leave, awesome parental leave benefits
Best of all we believe in flexibility and fitting your job into your life - Vocus is quite simply just a great place to work !
If you are keen click on the link below and get busy on your resume and apply to the company that wants to be the most loved Telco!Energetic and dynamic team culture, Competitive remuneration package and OTE, Unrivalled company benefits scheme