Transaction Services - Senior Analyst to Manager (Real Estate)
- Located in the fastest growing part of Sydney
- Be part of a diverse, growing and specialist M&A team
- Be mentored by experienced transaction services practitioners
- Develop your skills and learn how to lead interesting transactions and become a trusted advisor
Western Sydney is booming and property is at the heart of this economy. New infrastructure projects – including Sydney’s second airport – will drive continued real estate investment. Further growth in our business will create opportunities for career progression.
We have developed an increasingly specialist team to focus on real estate transactions. Recent deals include:
- Investigating Accountant to IPOs of Moelis Australia, Big River Industries and Elanor Retail Property Fund
- Providing financial due diligence services on the investment by Asahi Kasei Homes into McDonald Jones Homes, one of Australia’s largest homebuilders
- Financial due diligence on a number of deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars in a variety of real estate sectors including the residential development, retirement living and hospitality sectors.
We work collaboratively with our colleagues across the firm to provide integrated transaction services to real estate clients, including tax, accounting and economics advice, as well as direct property due diligence and valuation services. Our M&A team in Western Sydney offers you the best of both worlds, being a compact group offering you exposure to all aspects of the M&A lifecycle but still operating as part of the national team.
You will be responsible for conducting financial analysis, applying data analytics to derive deep insights for our clients. With the guidance of experienced transaction services practitioners, you will plan and deliver due diligence projects, manage more junior staff, present due diligence findings and proactively engage with senior client executives and other important stakeholders.
This role will see you:
- Develop deeper knowledge of the real estate sector and gain experience working on deals across all aspects of the M&A transaction lifecycle
- Work side-by-side with clients on exciting deals including acquisitions, divestments and capital raisings
- Build your negotiating and influencing skills through preparing for and participating in meetings with clients and advisors
- Work across the NSW market with the opportunity to support projects in other cities and States as required
- Learning directly from partners and directors with deep experience in the real estate sector
- Create incremental value through drafting appropriate clauses in transaction documents
- End-to-end project manage the due diligence process
- Mentor and coach a high-performing team
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations for senior management and boards
- Participate in business development and relationship building programs with key clients and stakeholders
- Help manage the practice including arranging training and coordinating resourcing
- Participate in regular training and development programs tailored to your level of experience and designed to help you to be successful in your role
A highly motivated and talented performer, with significant experience in real estate, either working in a corporate finance environment, within a boutique real estate advisory firm or looking to transition out of a real estate focused audit role. With a focus on delivering high quality work and advice to clients, managing teams and collaboration, your skills and experience should include:
- A sound knowledge of the real estate sector and experience analysing or monitoring the performance of real estate assets and / or businesses
- Experience managing stakeholder interests with a demonstrated ability to build credibility with senior executives and / or business owners
- Familiarity with the broader deal-oriented process and environment
- A good understanding of the drivers of property valuations and relationships in the sector
- Structured thinking with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
- Strong leadership capability to collaborate with senior executives and mentor a team
- You will enjoy working as part of a successful team and enjoy contributing to our open-minded and inclusive culture
- Post graduate qualification e.g. CA, CFA, Masters in Applied Finance or MBA
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting.
If you have any questions regarding this role you can contact Steph Russell in the Talent Acquisition Team on 02 9322 7695.