Network Security Engineer – Level 2
About the Company:
Telstra is currently evolving through a $3billion transformation. However our support for key Government clients remains critical to our future success. The Government Assurance Team provides 24x7 support to Federal Government customers that are utilising a range of Telstra products and services including Managed Data Networks
About the Role:
You will be a member of our 24/7 Secure Network Operations Centre. You will work directly with customers, co-providers and back-of-house resolver groups to ensure that Telstra delivers a superior end to end customer experience.
- Perform or participate in complex, specialised technical investigations as required as part of a Level 2 Network 24/7 Shift environment.
- Resolve incidents in the following areas, routing and switching, TCP/IP, routing protocols, and link layer protocols.
- Deliver excellence in Customer Service in interactions with many Customers.
- HSE Responsibility: Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic routing and switching skills including knowledge and troubleshooting ability of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and link layer protocols.
- Demonstrated experience in an IT network support role.
- Current Network Certifications (or evidence of working towards) such as CCNA/JNCIA or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate these skills.
- Ability to prioritise your workload and work closely with others in a team environment.
Candidates must be Australian Citizens to be considered. This role will require you to hold and maintain an Australian Government NV1 security clearance.
Culture: We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex