Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Automation
Telstra's Media and Digital Assurance teams provide Network surveillance, Incident Managemen and Event Management to enrich the customer and business assets for Digital Solutions (Telstra homepage and Telstra 24x7 app), entertainment assets (AFL & NRL apps, club websites and Telstra TV).
About the role
This Leadership role is accountable for driving multiple dynamic teams focused on customer digitisation initiatives, defining technical capability requirements, and establishing New Ways of Working across Telstra Operations, Customer Service Operations.
The primary goal for the role is to increase the level of task automation by growing in-house software development capability and advancing self-service platform capability to deliver a brilliant connected future that is always on.
You will lead staff and develop a high performance team who deliver excellent customer service and network management across Digital Video services, Video IP encoding and digital applications as a point of competitive advantage.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- A primary function of the role is to drive the level and consistency of task automation across CSO and uplift team capability and working models to enable self-serve.
- Delivering self-serve automation capability development (incudes Node Red, Next Gen OSS, analytics, and general programming)
- Leads the creation of a CI/CD framework, in collaboration with SMEs and partners, creating deployment guidelines and approaches that address the overarching outcomes and business goals, for a single technology domain in the context of the enterprise wide strategy
- Leads automated system testing and acceptance activity, evaluates and addresses gaps in the system test plan, determines appropriate next steps, establishes norms for and co-ordinates automated system integration test efforts, tools, guidelines and frameworks for a single technology domain
- Develops network solutions, applying network service APIs and data models, network service platforms, and API based network management technologies
- Uses tools and automation to design and evolve a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for virtualised, service-based, secure and resilient networks and solutions, with intrinsic automated validation, collaborating across multiple domains
- Maintain Stated Availability of Service with Agile squads
- Lead E2E squads in a DevOps feature environment focused on customer - Incident, Problem, Capacity, Security, and Change Management
- Own the Customer Pipeline and Deployments to production in a DevOps environment
What you’ll bring
- Strong experience in leading people and teams in a matrix style organisation
- Extensive background working in DevOps teams and Agile environments
- Developing CI/CD frameworks
- Practicing TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Leading multiple Agile Teams
- Demonstrable expertise across OSS IT environment including Networks and Systems.
- Extensive Automation experience using a variety of scripting languages. Driving consistency of Automation across a Business
- Background in Service Delivery including relevant experience and a detailed knowledge of Service Level Management processes in a large organisation. (e.g. ITIL)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive to an outcome
With the size of Telstra, the opportunities to develop and grow your career with us in a creative environment and a success-based culture are endless. Be at the forefront of Australia’s Telco landscape to deliver emerging Network Testing solutions to Telstra Networks on a scale you won’t find elsewhere
Please note this role is based in Clayton at Telstra's Global Operations Centre
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex