Are you passionate about making an impact that matters with private clients, to help them grow their businesses in an ever-changing commercial landscape? As a member of the Deloitte Private Audit team, you will help our clients to navigate through their most complex financial issues, and provide responsive support and insights to some of Australia’s largest private entities and the families that own them.
About our team
Working in this fast-paced and dynamic team, you will strive to make an impact that matters, by delivering quality results across a range of complex issues. Our team is growing, and this is your opportunity to partner with an extensive range of high profile private clients, and solve complex accounting issues.
About the role
This is an exciting career opportunity for career-driven professionals with an exceptional blend of technical and intangible attributes, to be part of this truly unique and client-centric team based in Melbourne.
You will support a group of Managers, Directors and Partners in the delivery of client service. Not to mention, leading the on-site engagement team, questioning the status quo, applying original thought, and designing client solutions. All of this will certainly keep you busy.........and challenged.
As a Senior Auditor you will manage a wide range of accountabilities, including:
• Plan, manage and review work on multiple audit engagements, adhering to tight deadlines without compromising quality
• Identifying and preparing papers for appropriate accounting treatments for a wide range of transactions
• Perform detailed analytical procedures and substantive testings, scrutinising internal controls and identifying areas for process improvement
• Providing training and mentoring to junior staff
• Financial statement preparation and review in compliance with relevant standards
• Reviewing data regarding material assets, liabilities, income and expenditures
About your experience
When you think of your best qualities, are building relationships, partnering with clients, and coaching right at the top? Yes? Then you're exactly the type of person we want in the team.
Ideally you will have:
• Completed CA qualification
• Prior external audit experience, ideally from either a Big 4 or mid-tier professional or accounting services firm
• You will be a strong team player, with a dedicated work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A results-orientated and client-centric approach to your work, with a keenness to understand your clients business
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, elite Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, craft a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'. From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities to succeed - in every sense of the word.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Marlon Vallarta via the Our Recruiters section on our Careers website. The minimum salary requirement for this role is $68,000 inclusive of 9.5% superannuation.