Job Description Overview
SAP Ariba is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners and expert capabilities to augment internal resources and skills, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations – all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you’re buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500, use Ariba’s solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
The Solution Specialist primary responsibility is to augment the sales effort by working closely with the sales team in three ways:
Additional responsibilities include taking the lead in responding to functional RFx’s and helping the team build supporting ROI business cases for prospects and customers.
- Listening to customers' and prospects' Business Commerce and Spend Management challenges and needs
- Communicating Ariba's vision for Better Business Commerce and Spend Management via the Ariba Commerce Cloud
- Leading compelling, tailored Ariba product demonstrations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Articulate and present SAP Ariba’s value proposition both verbally and in writing to C-level executives
- Deliver high-impact software demonstrations to prospective customers that demonstrate how our applications help clients improve Spend Management performance and reduce cost
- Identify specific customer needs through one to two day discovery sessions
- Navigate and understand prospect’s or customer’s legacy IT environment and architect solutions that integrate with this legacy environment
- Lead sales teams that conduct opportunity assessments
- Reduce the length of the sales cycles by answering functional questions regarding Ariba’s software and how it integrates with the prospects’ overall solution architecture
- Lead development of customer specific proofs-of-concept of software features and functionality
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop and execute on account strategies
- Create powerful visual presentations and winning proposals
- Builds relationships with key buying influences across the executive, management and end user contacts.
- Understands the working styles and needs of individuals (e.g. customers and team members) and uses knowledge to ensure effective and timely delivery of deliverables (demonstrations, RFPs, etc).
- Tailors selling approach to the unique needs/concerns of each customer.
- Displays deep knowledge of the customer’s processes (e.g. Procurement, Sourcing, Accounts Payable, Finance).
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” and sales liaison to Product Management, Product Development, and Product Strategy
- Create “whitepapers” as required in response to competitive situations and needs/concerns of the customer
- Supports the selling efforts of the Account Executives/Managers, Sales Group Directors, and General Managers in order to more efficiently drive the sales process
- Identifies opportunities for expanding usage and obtains customer advocacy.
- Hunting for knowledge and information on latest product developments and innovations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ERP/ sourcing / Procurement experience preferred
- Strong sales support skills, customer service skills and commercial instinct
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong executive presence
- Previous experience leading a traditional sales cycle
- Previous experience with Ariba a strong advantage
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- 5 + years of professional work experience (preferably sales, sourcing, or procurement industry)
- 5 + years customer-facing or leading project management experience
- Ability to travel up to 40%