- New data management team
- Help with collecting, managing and reporting on large and disparate data sets
- Sydney CBD
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
We are looking for experienced Data Analysts with undergraduate qualifications in data science, maths, statistics, econometrics, computer science or other similar field to join a new Data and Analytics Section within our Financial System Group. These roles are suitable for those with experience in data collection and management, programming and business intelligence tools, working with databases, an understanding of data science and an interest in streamlining and automating processes.
In this role you will:
- Assist economists in transforming data and developing statistical reports using business intelligence tools and programming languages.
- Work with databases and interfaces to automate data extraction for complex reports.
- Pull together data from disparate sources (SQL databases, spreadsheets, other departments’ shared drives, BI platform) to assist with creating complex reports.
- Develop an expert knowledge of the Group’s data assets, and work towards consolidating sources and managing the data in an efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and assist with data management activities including, but not limited to, requirements gathering, data collection and security from external and internal providers, data quality and metadata management as well as data dissemination.
- Collaborate with IT and Economists to develop, maintain and optimise data collection and related statistical reporting to provide timely, accurate, and accessible data for economists' informed decision-making.
- Be part of a new team of ‘go to’ data experts.
To be successful in these roles you'll:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification in data science, maths, statistics, econometrics, computer science (honours preferred)
- Experience in translating business requirements into dataset requirements as well as demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous requirements, adapt and learn.
- Be comfortable using and manipulating data, and be able to use a range of statistical packages such as Mathematica, R and Stata,. Proficiency in coding languages, particularly SQL, is also an advantage
- Have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and be able to think creatively about potential solutions.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally both in writing and orally with a detail oriented focus.
- Be a team player who can work independently and well with others.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.