We are a $13 billion plus business with location across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, IGA, Celebrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail. We are creating a great place to work, with our 6,000 employees all passionate about achieving our purpose of Successful Independents.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Legal, this in-house role will help support all sectors of the Metcash business across Australia and New Zealand. As part of our commitment to flexibility, we're open to part time or full time hours for the right candidate.
What you'll do:
- Provide legal advice on legal and regulatory issues, and assist in the provision of advice on complex issues in consultation with the Head of Legal and Senior Counsel
- Negotiate and draft changes to standard contracts, and assist in the development of new forms of contract
- Review and provide advice on correspondence and other material to minimise and mitigate legal exposure
- Assist in the management of litigation
- Develop and research legal and business knowledge
What you'll bring
- Tertiary legal qualifications (LLB or equivalent)
- 3-5 years' general experience in a firm or in-house within FMCG or similar industry
- A proven ability to engage, influence and maintain strong working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Sound negotiating skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
What we can offer you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work environment
- State of the art facilities, including café, gym, tennis courts, BBQ's, close to public transport, free and secure onsite car parking, WiFi facilities, break out/ collaboration spaces
- Training opportunities – your personal development is important to us
- Multiple career opportunities and the opportunity to be part of our transformation journey
- Added benefits - Well-being days, extra leave days just for you; subsided vacation care; corporate health benefits and much more