Software Developer - Java / API / Integration
Macquarie is looking to expand its Open Platform capability to allow direct servicing of its Cash Management Account offering. This will require building new API capabilities to enable this functionality to occur, adhering to the latest standards and providing an experience that is leading the industry as part of Macquarie’s digital banking offering. The feature will look towards integrating many of Macquarie’s banking systems with external providers to allow direct integration that eliminates manual intervention when servicing accounts.
- Strong Java skills, able to develop to complex technical requirements
- Enterprise-level experience with Java Spring and Hibernate
- Understanding of API constructs, and develop to the latest micro service standards
- Working closely with the scrum team to ensure features and stories are refined
- Liaise with the Scrum Master to continuously improve delivery
- Ability to support feature and story refinement throughout agile delivery
- Passionate focus on Continuous Integration and Delivery in every task
- Grasp of code integration optimisation techniques to enable high-speed real-time integration between disparate systems
- Demonstrate code quality assurance using proven unit testing standards to reduce manual test effort and drive automation
- Keeping stakeholders informed on current stories, with regular and transparent reporting
- Defining workflow management including improving existing business operational models
- Knowledge of enterprise-level platform integration, preferably in Banking and Financial Services
- Experience with proven integration technologies such as; webMethods, Fuse, Apigee.
- Experience with transitioning traditional payload based integration (SOAP XML) to micro services.
- Experience working with OAuth and SAML authentication layers for secure data transmission
- Experience working on UNIX cloud deployments, preferably Amazon Web Services
Nice to have:
- Experience with IBM Mainframe, zOS and DB2
- Knowledge of big data platforms such as MongoDB or Apache Cassandra
- Experience operating in a mature distributed agile scrum team, with practical knowledge of DevOps
- Ability to work with people of varying levels of business and technical experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop to user stories and validate with unit testing
- Ability to translate technical requirements into efficient code
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to streamline complex solutions
- Ability to translate high level design into tangible stories that can be delivered within sprints
- Experience working with agile principles at the front of mind, providing continuous value
- Strong communication skills and able to translate technical detail to stakeholders
- Focus on documentation and knowledge sharing in every single endeavour
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please apply via the following link - alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.