Lawyer, Legal and Governance, Banking and Financial Services - Sydney
Our Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) is seeking an experienced Lawyer to join the Legal team to support the Business Banking division. Macquarie’s business lending is undergoing a period of strong expansion, and this opportunity will play a key role in ensuring that legal and regulatory risk is effectively managed across the business.
As a legal expert for a Business Banking products and services, you will liaise with a range of stakeholders across the BFS businesses and risk functions. You will work within a team that provides prompt, high quality and commercial legal advice on an "end to end" basis across the Business Banking division.
About the role:
- Working on variety of loan transactions including general corporate, property and acquisition finance
- Assisting with reviewing and advising on loan and security documents
- Reviewing due diligence and conditions precedents to drawdown
- Liaising with external counsel to finalise documents
- Advice, product development and project work for deposits and payments products
- Assistance with default management processes, complaints handling and court proceedings (subpoena/garnishee orders)
- Carriage of general business contract negotiations (service agreements, confidentiality agreements etc.)
- Involvement with regulatory reform projects from time to time
- Legal stakeholder for risk management projects from time to time (including input to business policies and procedures)
- Be a qualified lawyer with between 2 –4 years’ experience
- Previous experience in commercial loan transactions essential
- Previous experience in banking regulatory and payments preferred but not essential
- Sound knowledge of Chapter 7 Corporations Act preferred but not essential
- Be self-motivated and highly engaged at work. Enjoy working independently, yet demonstrate the flexibility to work well within teams
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills with a focus on clear, concise and client-centric communication
- Possess strong attention to detail with good risk management awareness
- Strong ability to work to tight deadlines
- Display a professional and commercial work approach
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.