Credit Training Manager, Banking and Financial Services
This role will be part of our Learning and Development team and partner with the Banking and Financial Services (BFS) credit team and key business stakeholders to develop credit capability across the consumer lending teams. Some key activities that you will be required to perform within this role include:
- Conduct a diagnostic of the current strengths and opportunities for development in lending knowledge and capability across the Personal Banking channel.
- Utilise your skills, knowledge and experience in credit decisions to up-skill teams to support speed to credit decision, improve accuracy of submissions and drive greater application of credit policy.
- Design, deliver and learning solutions to strengthen and embed credit knowledge and skills. From induction through to ongoing development and refresher training, ensuring role-appropriate application.
- Project management: consult stakeholders and manage expectations throughout the lifeline of all credit project(s) and deliver within tight time-frames
- Consult Credit Coaches, Credit Quality and Sales teams to glean data and insights to drive prioritisation of learning solutions and address high priority development.
- Facilitate credit workshops using multiple delivery mediums to engage the learners to drive behavioral change. This may also involve travel (as appropriate) to different parts of the country
- Identify and up-skill SMEs across the credit teams, who can be up-skilled to conduct credit workshops. Keep up with credit policy updates and run necessary learning campaigns to ensure that everyone in the organisation is across all updates
- Provide tools for effective credit coaching across all teams to ensure all identified gaps are resolved
- Improving credit KPIs across Personal Banking
- Strong experience in credit decisioning/credit policy for a minimum of 5-6 years within a bank or credit union
- Have a robust background in consumer credit assessment with knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Strong understanding of the industry and its changing landscape
- Should hold appropriate tertiary qualifications in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline
- Previous experience of performing a learning/coaching related role
- Have excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail in their work
- Be a strong team player and collaborator
- A positive and flexible approach and attitude
- Extremely versatile.
- Meticulous, technical, and organized.
- Ability to work in an agile environment, delivering to tight time-frame across multiple projects
Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) comprises our retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients. BFS operates predominantly in Australia and is organised into three business divisions: Personal Banking, Wealth Management and Business Banking.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.