Associate Director - Sales Trading, Cash Equities
An opportunity currently exists to join our Sales Trading (Japan Market) team on a maximum term contract basis supporting our successful Commodities and Global Markets business.
You will play an integral role in the day-to-day management of our Sales Trading (Japan Market) team. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for offshore sales trading activities specific to the Japan market.
- Take the lead with respect to the marketing and monetization of our products, in addition to working with Portfolio Trading, Transition Management, and ETF distribution teams
- Work closely with research sales to deliver a unified message that extends our global platform and reach to enable you to leverage the various trading tools and platforms that Macquarie employs to continue to offer our clients new ways to execute though Macquarie globally
- Strong focus on relationship development and management, not just maintenance, to drive profitability
- Collaborate with internal businesses to minimise stock borrow cost and monetise internal house positions
- Ensure adherence to licensing and regulatory guidelines
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A stable and progressive work history bringing a minimum of 15 years’ experience in a similar role/industry
- Sales trading experience specific to Japan product
- Significant experience in Asia, particularly covering Japan from offshore location(s), and exposure to global equities, electronic trading and ETF distribution
- Strong institutional client relationships and a willingness to develop new ones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- Strong personal drive and commercial acumen, coupled with the ability to work as part of a team
- A detailed knowledge of risk management, technical and operational procedures in a global institutional equity trading environment
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.