Data Engineers – Financial Services
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll use your experience with ETL/Java/Python/Scala, Big Data and Cloud technologies to deliver leading edge data solutions for our clients and support on building on-going internal solutions within KPMG.
- Perform technical design, development, modification, and implementation of software and/or data applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Work with Data Scientists & Business Stakeholders to understand data needs.
- Provide thought leadership and direct all data driven analytics, methodology, and innovation in their innovation lab.
- Design, build and launch new data models, data definitions, ingestion, integration, and transformation processes.
- Develop data capabilities using Talend, Scala, Python, Redshift, Cassandra and Spark.
- Work as part of a global team using Agile software methodologies
- Suggest opportunities for improvement.
How Are You Extraordinary?
- Strong experience in end-to-end implementation of data intensive Analytics based projects (data acquisition, ingestion, integration, and transformation).
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing data engineering technologies.
- Strong technical proficiency in SQL with databases (Oracle, etc.), SQL services (Athena, Presto or Redshift Spectrum) and NoSQL (Cassandra)
- Strong expertise building data heavy solutions in AWS using AWS technologies (EC2, EMR, Lambda etc.)
- Experience building Data Ingestion on the cloud (using tools like Glue, Sqoop or other vendor products like talend, Unifi or StreamSets)
- Experience in programming languages such as Python or Scala
- Experience with big data technologies – AWS S3, Hive, noSQL/SQL databases (Redshift, Cassandra), parallel processing techniques, and Apache Spark
- Experience with data modelling techniques such as Data Vault
- Understanding of setting up CI/CD pipelines, Monitoring and alert mechanisms
- Understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Familiar with Agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
- Financial Service / FinTech industry experience is preferable.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!