Commissioning Manager - Engineer
The Enel Group business is dedicated to the
development and management of energy production from renewable sources
worldwide. We have an energy generation mix that includes wind, solar,
hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass. We are active in 29 countries with over
We work worldwide with a sustainable business
model that generates value not only for the company but also for the
communities where we work. We are constantly engaged in new projects and new
technological challenges in order to innovate in the fields of research and
production of electrical energy from renewable sources.
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Commissioning
Managers to join our team. This role will mostly be based on our project site in
South Australia, with the remainder of the time based in our Sydney office. Commissioning
Managers are responsible for managing the commissioning phase of the power
station with the objective to ensure that infrastructural plants are handed
over successfully, from completion of construction works, pre-operations
testing and commissioning through to the handover of the plant to O&M.
Your day to day duties will include:
commissioning phase (planning and designing) of utility scale wind, solar, hydro
and geothermal projects ensuring it is completed to the requirements of the
project brief including performance, safety procedures and quality standards.
- Prepares detailed
schedule of the commissioning and start-up activities according to the project
schedule and maintain responsibility through commissioning phase.
- Prepare and
document commissioning and energization procedures.
management for the delivery of plants to O&M.
- Management of
contracts for specialist assistance at testing.
requirements of the commissioning plans are met.
managing and coordinating the project team.
- Resolving design
and operational problems through the commissioning phase
- Regular site
visits and working closely with Project Managers, Engineers and other
To be successful in
the role, you will have:
- Electro-technical Engineering degree (MSc) or Technical
qualification or equivalent qualifications
- 5+ years in the management and supervision of
mechanical/electrical construction/commissioning of the systems of production
or similar fields (mechanical, paper-textile, chemical, petrochemical, energy,
- Experience in leading and managing commissioning/start-up teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to engage and cooperate
effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams to carry out tasks
and provide practical support throughout the commissioning and ramp-up phase of
- Advanced knowledge MS Office, Outlook, Excel and MS Project
- Ability to prepare detailed schedule of the commissioning and
start-up activities according to the project schedule
- Ability to supervise the team work and coordinate the project team
(including contractor commissioning personnel involved in the project assembly
- Ability to supervise the testing, commissioning and start-up of
High, Medium, Low voltage and DC equipment/electrical and electronic systems in
compliance with the reference standards, project schedule and the safety and
quality standards in force
- Knowledge of the logic of electrical equipment protection
(protection logic of electrical machinery) and related instrumentation and
- Ability to carry out the commissioning and start-up of the plant
components according to the commissioning, start-up, operation and maintenance
- Knowledgeable of commissioning activities reporting
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct any fault or deficiency
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when required
- Ability to work in outside weather in adverse weather conditions,
including some extreme temperatures