We are seeking to fill the position of Devops Engineer, with strong Python skills. The role will be part of Corporate Operations Group within the existing eDS (eDiscovery and Surveillance) team, with accountability to internal stakeholders such as RMG (Risk Management Group) and Group Legal globally. eDS is part of the larger ICS (Identity and Cyber Security) group, made up Identity Management, Cyber Security and Cyber Protection, and Incident Response. This group is responsible for ensuring the security of our information and our clients. This role will work closely with the eDiscovery / Surveillance technical analysts, business analysts, Compliance and Legal teams to provide a comprehensive eDiscovery and Surveillance service to Macquarie groups. This role will be focused on developing solutions that meet the strategic vision of the eDiscovery and Surveillance services, with a heavy focus on scripting, development, automation and operational support. This role will be responsible for creating technical solutions for improving the quality of data integrity and reporting in the environment, assisting with business projects as required and providing operational support.
- provide 1st and 2nd level Operational Support for the existing technology footprint, consisting of eDiscovery and Surveillance 3rd party commercial applications, custom scripts (Powershell), Python, SQL queries/reporting
- heavy scripting and development of processes to glue vendor and internal applications using appropriate technologies (i.e. Powershell, Python SQL SSRS reporting, etc.)
- heavy focus on automation through commercial and/or custom solutions
- maintain a solid relationship with and provide consulting to RMG / Group Legal
- provide support for investigations and incident management
- become a trusted technology adviser for technical analysts and clients providing consultation on Surveillance applications, eDiscovery applications, and the capture of eCommunications
- become a subject matter expert in the technologies used for eCommunications Surveillance / eDiscovery and work with vendors on optimal configuration
- enhance, evaluate, test and certify software products and their integration with existing software products during deployments
Experience & Skills Required
- exposure to Software Development Lifecycle with prior experience deploying enterprise class applications / tools and operational procedures
- ability to produce work estimates and timelines for delivery with reasonable accuracy
- ability to maintain source code integrity and build versions for production and test environments
- ability to quickly translate business requirements into technical solutions across a wide variety of technologies (3rd party applications, SQL, custom scripts, etc.)
- ability to identify and resolve complex technical problems across various teams
- good knowledge of information technology – including configuration/installation of Windows servers, applications, operating systems, networks and storage, Active Directory, etc.
- strong SQL database skills and understanding of complex data relationships and SQL reporting (familiarity with SSRS reporting/Tableau is a plus)
- strong knowledge of scripting, especially Python
- ability to work across multiple time zones if required
Experience & Skills Desired
- understanding of or familiarity with Actiance Vantage, Globanet Merge1, Veritas Enterprise Vault, 17-a-4 Dataparser and NUIX product suites (or equivalent)
- general knowledge of eCommunication archiving systems, eDiscovery systems, WORM storage and Cloud technologies in a regulatory environment
- understanding of investment banking and investment banking operations a plus
- experience in a law firm or other regulatory environment is a plus
- willingness to learn and develop skills in a challenging and fast paced environment
- knowledge of ITIL, especially Change Management
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
To apply for the role, please follow the link below or alternatively please contact Chirag bhojani on firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.