Strategic Account Manager
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity? Do you want to work with some of Deloitte’s lead client service professionals on the largest client relationships? Are you an experienced Account professional with a desire to keep learning and growing within the world’s largest professional services firm? If the answer is yes, then this might be the role for you!
About the opportunity:
Deloitte are looking for a Strategic Account professional to join our team in Melbourne. You will be brought in to provide a distinct, client-centric account management service for a strategically important client. You will work closely with the Lead Client Service Partner and Client Services Team on a wide-range of relationship building initiatives in a fast-paced, hands on, agile environment. You will be working with a highly motivated and fun team who strive to live Deloitte’s purpose of ‘making an impact that matters’ for our clients, people and community.
About the work:
- The Strategic Account Manager plays a critical role in bringing excellence in client experience to the firm’s top client relationships. Key activities include:
- Designing, embedding and delivering, distinct client experiences
- Facilitating the development of a strategic client relationship plan focused on delivering the best of Deloitte
- Coaching account team members to be distinctive in the way they engage with the client
- Driving excellence in account operations by bringing discipline and rigour to team cadence through: keeping client experience at the centre of account team purpose and engagement, leveraging the best of the firm to drive account efficiency and secure access to investment and resources for account initiatives
- Facilitating the development and implementation of strategic relationship plans
- Support key account pursuits through understanding the client’s strategic objectives and helping identify and bring the most relevant resources, intellectual property and knowledge, locally and globally.
Critical success factors in this role are:
- To be recognised as a trusted advisor (across the account team and within the broader firm) in best practice client experience, account management and relationship development
- Ability to build rapport with, and earn the trust of, the account Lead Client Service Partner and Client Service Team
- Ability to understand the strategic objectives of Deloitte’s Clients, Industries and Markets leadership team and work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver against the strategy
- A committed focus to working in partnership to drive account collaboration, engagement and consistent application of best practice account management strategy and methodology
- Ability to gain support and secure resources from within the department and the global firm to deliver account initiatives.
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience in account management, operating within a complex client service team
- The ability to respectfully challenge senior stakeholders
- Enthusiasm, resilience & pragmatism
- Market management understanding and experience (strategy planning, execution, campaign management, reporting etc.)
- Strong program and project management experience (working within matrix reporting structures would be advantageous)
- Leadership skills, including influencing, directing, leading and motivating a team are essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and present concepts convincingly to a wide cross-section of stakeholders – verbal delivery and preparation of support materials
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.