About the opportunity:
The purpose of Resource Management is to ensure the optimal use of resources for programs of work within the Consulting Business. Resource Management is important as it "brings together the goals of our business and our people." We aim to have the right people scheduled on the right projects balancing abilities along with opportunities for development whilst incorporating Deloitte's need for client service excellence and engagement profitability," With our forecasting we are able to inform the partners of peaks and troughs within the business, we truly "have our finger on the pulse" and are seen as trusted advisors by the partnership offering advice and suggestions for our people and our business.
- Engagement resourcing – proactively managing the scheduling of staff on engagements, with a continued focus on engagement profitability and client service delivery, as well as the skill building and motivation and morale of our staff.
- Capacity, Utilisation Monitoring & Reporting – Review of short and long term capacity information. Understand the resource unit stress points on resourcing and work with business to develop strategies to support this.
- Oversee and make sure the resource database is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all proposed (pipeline) bookings are monitored.
- •Participation and contribution to geography, clusters and team meetings as required being able to forward plan resourcing options.
- Working closely with Partners, Directors and Managers to resolve all requests within 24hrs or continual follow-up until completion of request.
- Understand the development needs of all practitioners; work with the leaders of the business to identify opportunities for practitioners to develop these needs.
- Understand the skills and experience along with the career aspirations of all practitioners enabling the business to support the correct deployment, enabling growth and development.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and information to management, and assisting management with the analysis of such reports when necessary.
- Continuous improvement of resource management processes
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and life cycles.
- Understanding of professional services environment with a depth of knowledge in resource management and career development.
- Organisational and time management skills – there is no way to plan your day: few are quiet, most are busy.
- Forward and Lateral thinking.
- Good humour and ability to withstand stress and confidential information.
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Confidence dealing with staff at all levels
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.