Payroll Manager - 15 month FTC
About the opportunity:
You will be working as of the National Finance team as a Payroll Manager and you will play a key part of the group who are responsible for all payroll processes, employee payments, compliance, and third party / vendor payments.
About the work - You will be:
Managing day-to-day transactional operations to ensure the following:
- Deloitte employees are paid accurately and in a timely manner
- Driving change to ensure standard processes and systems are aligned to “Best Practice”
- Payroll complies with the Firms policies and legislative requirements
- There are payroll controls and reports in place to minimise risk and exposure when processing and finalising monthly and weekly pays
- Setting transactional payroll processing deadlines for monthly and weekly pays to ensure timelines and cut offs are met by the team.
- Payrolls are reviewed and authorised prior to final banking approval, this also cover payroll analysis and the preparation of reports and analytics to support payroll authorisations
- Managing other transactional operations:
- Review clearing accounts
- Financial year end completion
- Undertake projects as required
- Undertake SAP user acceptance testing and sign off as required
Managing the payroll transactional team:
- Ensure the payroll team follow standard operating processes and procedures to support system processes / workflows and calculations and the payroll operational manual is maintained and up to date
- Manage the payroll workload to meet operational requirements
- Ensure regular training sessions are scheduled and organised
- Performance manage and develop payroll staff.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of five years Payroll experience in end to end Payroll processing, payroll reconciliations, reporting
- People management of 4 or more employees
- Exposure to statutory and regulatory payroll requirements, payments, reconciliations and reporting
- Experience working in a high volume Payroll environment: >5000 employees
- Solid payroll and financial acumen
- Intermediate Excel skills and strong computer skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Understanding and be a fluent user of Success Factors and SAP Payroll
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.