Deloitte is seeking an experienced professional to deliver business advisory services to eligible Australian businesses in the ICT, digital and professional services sector through the AusIndustry Entrepreneurs’ Programme.
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity at the firm level. It forms part of the Australian Government’s new industry policy outlined in the Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda. The objective of the Entrepreneur’s Programme is to drive business growth and competitiveness by supporting business improvement and promoting economic growth, productivity and competitiveness.
The Business Management element of the Entrepreneurs’ Programme is designed to help eligible businesses improve their management, capabilities and networks. A Business Advisor works with eligible businesses to conduct a holistic Business Evaluation and associated Growth Plan. The intent of the Growth Plan is to highlight some key actions and activities which will support future success.
The Business Advisor role will focus on supporting eligible businesses in the ICT, digital and professional services sector by conducting a holistic business evaluation report; which identifies the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing a business, and provides a foundation for the development of the Growth Plan. Business Advisors will join an existing national network of Programme advisors operating in the ICT, digital and professional services
Businesses eligible for services through the Entrepreneurs’ Programme must demonstrate annual financial turnover between $1.5m - $100m.
• Subcontract basis until June 2019
You will be proactive and client focussed, with a proven track record of creating positive business outcomes, and building strong and sustainable networks. You will have specialist expertise and skills in digital, technology and creative industries, and be well networked in the Australian ICT, digital and professional services sector. You will apply a “customer centric” lens to the businesses that you work with, and support business owners to drive business model innovation and adopt customer centric design principles. You will be required to engage with key programme stakeholders, and work with other sectors to create positive, impactful and relevant client outcomes.
More specifically, you will have a background in (or experience working with) creative industries; including (but not limited to) digital media or multi-media, software development, and web design. Other complementary creative industries include sectors such as architecture and urban design, industrial design, writing and publishing.
Specifically, your role may include:
• Providing advice and mentoring to eligible businesses;
• Applying “customer centric” design principles to support businesses engage with their customers and market;
• Engaging businesses to the programme, developing and delivering business evaluation reports;
• Assisting eligible businesses in developing their professional networks and providing connections;
• Fostering innovation, productivity, and continuous improvement in eligible businesses;
• Alliance building between eligible businesses;
• Mapping capability and connections for eligible businesses;
• Providing recommendations to eligible businesses to embed improvements in their business;
• Engaging specialists for provision of specialist services and advice;
• Understanding and drawing on knowledge from the industry growth centres;
• Providing the commonwealth with industry intelligence; and
• Undertaking other activities agreed by the commonwealth.
Skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Digital, ICT, data and design expertise and skills, with a particular focus on how to creatively engage and support businesses to embrace leading digital and design capabilities
• Experience working in, or with creative industries and a strong understanding of “customer centric” design principles and how they apply to small business
• An understanding of some common challenges facing digitally focussed small businesses in Australia, and considerations on how to address these challenges in an innovative and forward thinking manner
• Demonstrated experience in business development and actively building, maintaining and managing a pipeline of customers;
• Advanced stakeholder, relationship and client management and engagement skills and experience;
• Strong business analysis and system analysis skill and experience;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, representation, influencing and negotiation skills including the ability to communicate complex theoretical/ design content to non-specialists in a clear and succinct way;
• Demonstrated experience (or the ability to transfer relevant skills) to undertake and manage the delivery of services to business within a government program;
• Empathy and cultural awareness, including respect for, and sensitivity to, the diversity of the Australian public when delivering services; and
• Clear skills in creativity and Innovation, specifically being able to support decision makers to design and implement new or cutting-edge programs and processes, and develop new insights into situations, through applying innovative solutions to make improvements in the work area.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, elite Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, craft a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'. From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities to succeed – in every sense of the word.
At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click “Apply” below and submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Apolonia Mendel via the Our Recruiters section on our Careers website.