About our team
Deloitte’s vision is to be the most inspiring firm to work with - for its people, its clients and its communities. Deloitte is committed to innovation which we use to develop new ideas, products and solutions that create value for Deloitte, our clients and the country.
As part of our Risk and Controls group you will be working with a knowledgeable and passionate team operating serving a range of clients in the market to deliver innovative and dynamic results.
About the role
Based in Melbourne, we are looking for a Director with extensive experience in assurance, internal audit and risk management. In this role you will:
• Work with Board, Executive and Senior Management
• Play a key role in identifying, building and managing relationships with our clients
• Play a lead role working with the team to identify, qualify and convert new revenue opportunities
• Assist our clients to transform their internal audit, assurance and risk management functions
• Perform annual internal audit planning and lead the delivery of internal audit plans
• Leading the development of deliverables for our clients which add real value to the future management of the business and establishment of cultures which support the successful delivery of their strategy
• Building and lead multidisciplinary teams to deliver transformation programs and deliver audit, assurance and risk management projects that help our clients manage their risks
• Contributing to the building of the Deloitte brand in our core service offerings, including active roles in industry forums, thought leadership and internal events
• Support the ongoing improvement and management of the Risk Advisory business and our people to enable the delivery of our vision.
We are seeking an individual who will be dedicated to assisting Deloitte achieve its vision to be the most inspiring firm to work with. You’ll have a background in risk advisory and internal audit skills. In particular, you will have:
• A wealth of Internal audit / assurance / risk management experience
• Tertiary level qualification in a discipline with relevant professional accreditation (such as CIA/CPA/CA)
• Experience in engaging senior industry stakeholders
• Knowledge of internal audit / assurance and risk management better practices and the value these practices can deliver to our clients
• Experience in reviewing, designing and building risk management strategies, operating models and plans
• Experience in building and leading diverse teams of subject matter experts
• A focus on delivering programs of work which exceed your stakeholder’s expectations – including reports, proposals, and presentations.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
To apply, please follow the apply process. For more information, contact James Francis via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.