Consulting - Deloitte Digital - Digital Operations DevOps Engineer - Consultant (Melbourne)
At Deloitte Digital, we are all responsible for challenging the status quo, and bringing innovative and differentiated thinking to everything we do. Deloitte Digital is a leader in online and mobile strategy, design and development, working with a wide range of clients to help them adapt to and harness new media and technology. Our combination of strategic thinking and innovative solutions is what sets us apart, and we make sure to stay at the forefront of new technology.
About our team
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. Through 22 studios spread across the globe, we provide clients with a full suite of digital services, covering digital strategy, user experience, content, creative, engineering and implementation across mobile, web and social media channels.
Our managed services team within Deloitte Digital is responsible for the development and operations of the production systems for our client solutions, and focus on third-level application support across a number of top tier clients.
About the role
Our Melbourne team is growing and we’re on the look-out for a DevOps Engineer to join the on-going growth of our practice.
Working closely with a team of Engineers, Business Analysts and Service Delivery Managers, this position is crucial to the successful delivery of operations and development services to our clients. Daily tasks will involve researching, developing and deploying solutions for internal and external clients. In addition, you will be responsible for:
· Working as part of a team to ensure that services are provided to our clients to agreed contracted service levels
· Working directly with clients to discuss requirements, taking ownership of technical tasks and providing status updates
· The quality of the work we deliver
· Preparing estimates for technical changes
· Ensuring support governance framework is adhered to (including wiki documentation)
· Identifying technical improvements and upgrades
· Recommending and executing process improvements
· Maintaining the development environments for all support clients
· Focus on continuous improvement and best practice.
About your experience
You have experience in developing and delivering infrastructure automation using tools like Terraform and Packer, familiarity with code repository tools like Bitbucket or Github, and an understanding of how to use automation to improve efficiencies in development lifecycles. To be awesome in this role you must (mandatory experience):
· Have 2+ years of DevOps/sysadmin experience, ideally gained in a consulting / agency environment with tier one clients
· Experience with enterprise digital solutions such as content managed websites, customer portals or intranets
· Amazon Web Services experience
· A self-motivated, problem-crushing attitude
· Be a team player
· Just want things to work
Desirable experience (will be considered an advantage):
· 3+ years of DevOps/sysadmin experience, ideally gained in a consulting / agency environment with tier one clients
· Software Engineering or Computer Science tertiary qualifications
· SQL database management or administration experience
· An understanding of ITIL service delivery lifecycle
· System engineering or system administration experience
· Continuous Integration and Delivery
· Automation tools
· Enterprise, web or mobile application development
· Application or systems solution architecture
Deloitte Digital is a major force on the Australian Digital Landscape. We combine fun with serious intent where business, creativity and technology intersect.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If you have questions regarding this role, please contact Ravi Rughani in our Talent Acquisition Team via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.