Director of Finance (part time)
Daisee is a start-up firm in the AI space which applies machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to the problems of medium-to-large enterprises. The management team includes a who's who of top-tier executives and includes two ex-googlers. Daisee has both in-house developed software and consulting services.
We are rapidly growing and seek a part time experienced Finance professional who can work effectively in a start-up environment: some will find the lack of structure challenging. There is a lot of autonomy and so a proactive and confident approach with the willingness to roll your sleeves up is required.
Our new Director of Finance will oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
You will be able to think strategically and take a leadership role to drive daisee towards profitability and long-term success.
The role is part-time, and days/hours will be discussed during the recruitment process. The position is Sydney-based.
Compensation is in line with senior Finance roles, but on a pro-rated basis according to hours/days worked.
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance vendors (management accountants, auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis for forecasting, and report to CEO
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Board reporting of key measures
- Modelling of key accounts and relationships
- Business planning including product feasibility
- Negotiating vendor agreements, eg. AWS, IT hardware
- Establish budgets, headcount plans and similar
- 5-10 years' experience as Finance Director, or similar
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software, ideally XERO
- Strong analytical skills, with strategic planning ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong ethics; ability to manage confidential data
- An interest in technology, and its use in our world
- Awareness of funding stages and high growth businesses
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- CPA / CA required