Manager, Policy and Compliance - Part Time - 12 months secondment
Wealth Management Advice is the financial planning business unit within the Commonwealth Bank’s Wealth Management division, providing customers with quality financial advice. Our mission is to be the preferred partner for self-employed planners, empowering them to secure their clients’ financial future. Advice is provided to customers through one of our licensees - CFP Pathways, Count Financial and Financial Wisdom.
The purpose of the Manager, Policy and Compliance role is to support the Senior Manager Policy and Compliance and the Executive Manager Risk and Compliance in ensuring compliance within Head Office and Authorised Representatives, to the Licensee’s AFSL obligations. The focus will be on the practical development and implementation of advice quality and compliance policies, with an emphasis on ensuring that the self-employed licensees are successful in assisting advisers to deliver quality advice efficiently.
In this role, you will provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to the broader licensee team and provide self-employed focused input back in the wider Wealth Management Advice team.
- Provide Compliance Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to the broader self-employed advisers and team.
- Provide support, training and advice to equip the Management team to play an integral role in identifying, developing and communicating legal, compliance, technical and process advice.
- Specialist AFSL Compliance Project work
- Ensure practical implementation of changes to the legislative environment.
- Provide one-off approvals outside of licensee standards
- Compliance SME to the self-employed (Count, Financial Wisdom and Pathways) staff
- Licensee Standards review and endorsement
- Adviser induction training on the intricacies of being a self-employed adviser within an institutionally owned licensee.
- SME for all advice documentation and the integration point for internal and adviser systems
- Assistance in designing and developing new processes and suppliers to enhance the adviser experience
- Assistance in designing and documenting the supervision and monitoring process for the licensee where new regulatory developments have been released.
- Development of consistency in processes, service levels and business engagement.
- Engagement of key business stakeholders, building relationships between the business and compliance.
- Measurable improvements in adviser/practice performance and advice assurance ratings.
- Assist in the development and delivery of relevant education, communication and remediation.
- Extensive experience in Financial Planning, understanding of the planning and process and understanding of the regulatory documentation requirements relating to financial planning.
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in a finance related discipline or financial planning
- Diploma in Financial Planning / Financial Services (RG146 qualification)
- Ability to deal with very complex issues, and resolve issues quickly and decisively.
- Ability to create and document practical standard operating procedures
- Strong personal drive to deliver top quality customer service.
- Industry regulatory issues affecting our dealership, and trends in processes and tools, are monitored closely and incorporated into the team's development plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work within compliance framework.
- Professional demeanour in training, coaching and presenting to small and large scale audiences.
- Provision of Compliance support within an Advice Practice or Financial Services organisation.
- Understanding of training and development practices.
- Outstanding relationship and communication skills.
- Superb analytical and presentation skills.
- Capacity to analyse and identify the drivers of quality advice and develop innovative and effective support.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.