We are seeking a motivated and confident Manager to join the Deloitte Private Commercial Advisory practice in Melbourne. The Manager will have proven experience working in a consulting environment with a strong track record demonstrating the delivery of superior quality strategic and operational advisory projects, across a range of sectors and industries.
This role will have a large focus on the For Purpose sector, and working more broadly with organisations that seek to achieve a profit and deliver positive impacts.
As part of the Deloitte Private Commercial Advisory team, the Manager will have access to a number of education and training opportunities, which will support and drive career development and growth.
About Deloitte Private
Deloitte Private is Australia’s largest provider of professional services to the private and middle market business community. We work closely with private and family businesses, public sector entities and not for profit organisations across a range of industries.
Deloitte Private has a wealth of expertise in providing unique and tailored solutions to our clients in areas of audit, corporate finance, tax and consulting with the strength and backing of a global firm. We work closely with our clients and have a practical understanding of the unique operating challenges faced by business operators and management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leading teams in the delivery of strategic and operational advisory projects in response to complex business problems;
• Taking a leading role in the development of successful proposal submissions;
• Performing a range of quantitative and qualitative analysis;
• Researching solutions, frameworks and methodologies to address specific project requirements;
• Interviewing and data gathering, conducting industry and economic research, issues analysis;
• Developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organisation;
• Guiding and directing the work of analysts and consultants, and enabling them to perform at their best and
• Leading key components of projects and developing deliverable materials and content.
Qualifications and Skills
• Flexibility and adaptability to work within a project-based environment;
• Experience working with the For Purpose sector, and a broad understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing these organisations;
• High performance focus with the ability to work cohesively in a team, or individually, in order to deliver high quality outcomes;
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including well-developed presentation and facilitation skills;
• Track record in applying strategic problem solving, through qualitative and quantitative analysis;
• Critical strategic thinking at both a micro and macro level;
• Experience in managing complex interactions with internal and external stakeholders;
• Strong technical computing skills (including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint);
• Advanced data gathering and research capabilities;
• Ability to synthesize large sets of data to develop meaningful insights and recommendations; Desire to work in small teams, potentially across multiple projects, with an active “hands on” approach;
• Bachelor degree in commerce or related field is preferred; and
• Four to six years of experience in a consulting environment.
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click “Apply” below and submit your application.
If you have questions, regarding this role please contact Marlon Vallarta from the Talent Acquisition team via email at