UX / UI Designer - Freelance / Contract
The Big Red Group is home to multiple successful ecommerce marketplaces, we allow businesses to thrive in the support of our shared service teams and commercial leaders. We play to win and strive to fail fast and disrupt the digital world.
RedBalloon is our flagship brand, and we are looking for a UX & UI Product Designer to come in and support through a busy period making sure we are delivering on enhancing our UX & UI experience at all times for our RedBalloon customers. This will initially be a contract/freelance role, with scope to support more brands housed within the success of the BRG.
As a UX Designer on our ecommerce Team, you'll partner creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketers, engineers, and designers to help build and improve the experience of our customers as they evaluate and purchase RedBalloon products.
Working with the Product Lead, as the in house Product Designer you’ll be tasked with creating innovative digital products and services that solve real problems. You will have a strong set of conceptual skills, an eye for style and a passion for detail.
- Developing user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes quickly and efficiently inside or outside of sprints.
- The UX Designer will also design the overall functionality of the product, to ensure a great user experience and drive conversion rates.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital solutions.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Be the expert in user-experience design for web, mobile and Virtual Assistance tools and provide insight on the latest features and functionalities.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Responsible for the look and feel of the Redballoon website and mobile experience for our customers.
- Ensure RedBalloons visual language resonates with our target market by having over-all ownership of the UX and Design function.
You will need
- Experience working in UX design.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- A clear understanding of the importance of human-centered design and design thinking.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your details via the link below.