Senior Java Engineer / Lead Developer
Our colleagues are empowered to make decisions supported by leaders who value diversity of thought and ideas. It’s where done is better than perfect because rapid iteration and moving quickly produces a better result for our customers.
Bankwest are seeking a Senior Java Engineer / Lead Developer to help us optimise our digital platforms. The role will be to bring practical experience of developing APIs and web services, whilst seeking opportunities to change and improve our digital products. A strong focus on balancing quality with customer needs is required.
You will be a key team member, using your extensive experience to assist and guide the team in the agile development lifecycle. The team is part of a larger program of work, providing the opportunity for collaboration with developers from multiple teams.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop Java code (Java 8 / Spring) as part of a wider API development team
- Ensure the team is delivering quality by employing the latest testing methodologies, especially automated testing frameworks
- Strong understanding of non-functional requirements and how to translate into code
- Guidance and mentoring of the team is an inherent part of the role - developers on the team will look to you when they design, write and test code
- Be an active member of a cross functional team willing to fulfil any role to achieve the goal of the iteration
- Demonstrated extensive commercial experience in Java API / modern web services development, with Java 8 and Spring
- Clear understanding of large scale API integrations with strong experience in automated deployment
- Test automation experience is required, including mocking, stubbing and testing
- Experience working with build pipelines
- Worked in an agile environment
- Strong sense of urgency, focus on outcomes and drive for success with good time management skills & the ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to see the 'big picture' in identifying project interdependencies
- Experience mentoring and leading other developers
Bonus skills that will set you apart:
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Junit, Soap UI, JMeter, Teamcity, Octopus deploy
- Experience with Consumer Driven Contract automated testing
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
Bankwest Place offers state of the art working conditions helps colleagues reach their creative potential and offer competitive salary packages.
For more information or a confidential discussion please call Toby Ainslie on 9369 8371 or Apply Now or visit bankwest.com.au/careers
At Bankwest, everything starts and ends with the customer - and that’s a good thing.