Senior Commercial Analyst – Business Planning & Projects
Due to a recent restructure we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join our Finance team in Group operations. This is a newly created position with key purpose to provide strategic and continuous improvement to Group Operations and AGL.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Business Planning – Develop the 3, 5, 10 and whole of life business planning cycle for Group Operations
- Cost Management – Support the cost efficiency program across Group Operations
- Continuous Improvement – Assist productivity improvements across Group Operations working closely with the Business Improvement team
- PT3 – Support the implementation of PT3 across Group Operations
- Stakeholder Management – Interface between Group Operations, Wholesale Markets and the finance team to ensure alignment of AGL assumptions and objectives
- Provide commercial and analytical support to the Group Operations business, including development of high level targets
- Prepare and review financial models following best practice modelling principles, including relevant scenario analysis
- Implement short, medium and long-term business plans and modelling across Group Operations, working closely with the Technical Services and Business Improvement functions, as well as the Corporate Finance teams
- Prepare, analyse, monitor and report on performance relevant to business initiatives and programs
- Assist with the development of appropriate planning direction for the Group Operations functions, consistent with achieving the outcomes contained in Group Operations plans
- Interface with Wholesale Markets to ensure alignment of AGL assumptions and objectives, in particular the Asset Objectives used to develop capital budgets and generation forecasts
- Support Group Operations in promoting a cost-conscious culture within Group Operations and assist with programs in delivering visible reduction in costs
- Drive effective, productive and efficient cost management across all sites within Group Operations via standardised reporting and processes, allowing managers to understand, challenge and manage costs and driving value to Group Operations and AGL
- Actively support the Group Operations processes to identify work which may be performed more productively, cost effectively and efficiently
- Represent Group Operations finance in transformation programs and activities ensuring Group Operations are best placed to deliver of AGL’s objectives
- Support the implementation of PT3 across Group Operations, with a strong focus on the delivery of BPC
- Support key projects and activities across Group Operations finance
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting / Finance
- Strong understanding of business drivers and general business management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with high quality written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business modelling skills
- Understanding of risk management
- Proven ability to set and work to priorities pro-actively
- Attention to detail
- Superior analytical and conceptual skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians.
With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.