Principle Network Architect
The Principal Network Architect will perform several key functions and activities across the Network Architecture landscape, with the role accountable for Network Enterprise Architecture as well performing Program and Solution Architecture activities across the AGL program portfolio.
As part of the Cloud & Infrastructure team you will be responsible for design, build and run of AGL’s infrastructure landscape including networks, telephony, hosting, data centres, IaaS, PaaS and operational network technologies.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and manage the network blueprint (1-3 years) with a focus on operational simplification, performance, risk mitigation and security, to align to AGL’s overall technology direction including the Data Centre Strategy
- Lead the strategic planning roadmap for the network domain
- Develop network design principles, models, and standards
- Lead the requirements gathering, options analysis and the selection of networking technologies and products
- Support strategic programs from network capability perspective, and supervise in-house and partners’ solution architects, network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation
- Act as a leading subject matter expert in the architecture of a complex network technology solutions
- Provide technical leadership, and guidance to multiple project teams, inclusive of 3rd parties, to deliver solutions on time and within defined quality/scope
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors with experience of architecting network interconnectivity across physical data centers, private cloud and public cloud (e.g. Azure)
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills interpersonal skills
- Network Hardware – Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Cisco Wireless
- IP Routing & Switching - Expert knowledge of IP Routing and switching. Extensive experience in all the major routing and switching protocols, such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and Multicast, Spanning Tree, VLANs, WAN Technologies – MPLS/VPLS, ISDN, VPN, SD-WAN; QoS - Classification, Congestion Management, Queue Management, Traffic Shaping and Policing Tools, Link Efficiency Mechanism
- Security Technology knowledge including Firewalls, Mobile Device Management, Network Access Control (inc. Wireless), Secure Email/Web Gateway, Remote Access, Intrusion Prevention/Detection, WAF, SIEM, DDOS Protection, Vulnerability Management, Identity and Authentication, Advanced Threat Defence and Audit/Compliance tools
- Certification in TOGAF preferred
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP certification or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians.
With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.