The Wholesale Markets Risk team currently has an opportunity for a Contracts Analyst to join their team. This area is primarily responsible for implementing risk management and control processes to manage risk from Wholesale Markets and Treasury’s activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and maintain an up to date contract validation and confirmation process for Wholesale Markets and Treasury contracts, including ensuring adherence to trading limits, policy requirements and other regulatory requirements (e.g. ACCC Undertaking)
- Seek continuous process improvements and efficiencies
- Validate and confirm contracts accurately and on a timely basis
- Liaise with the Wholesale Markets trading team and Treasury to resolve any contracts issues
- Continuously build knowledge of relevant contracts and markets and Wholesale Markets’ and Treasury’s strategies to facilitate effective contract validation and confirmation
- Provide support to the Wholesale Markets Contracts Advisor in reviewing trade activity against Policy requirements
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Strong, proactive consultation and relationship building skills with stakeholders both internal and external to Wholesale Markets Risk and AGL
- Ability to deliver to tight daily deadlines on an ongoing basis while managing a diverse range of competing priorities
- Proactively drive compliance requirements within and with stakeholders outside the Wholesale Markets Risk team to ensure compliance with relevant Policies
- Ability to identify and escalate issues on a timely basis
- Strong ability to share information, consult and work with other team members to achieve team goals
- Proactive management of own workload to ensure that deadlines are met, or potential issues are raised early
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy while understanding the broader context
- Proven ability in the operation of various IT systems for administration and analysis
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians.
With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.