Senior Structural Engineer
- Are you passionate about Structural Engineering?
- Join a Fortune 500 Organisation
- AECOM offers a fully flexible work environment for you to grow
AECOM is expanding its dynamic and innovative structural team and are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Structural Engineer to provide specialist technical delivery to our clients. In joining our market leading team you will contribute to some of the largest projects in Australia and provide our range of clients with innovative and market leading solutions.
As the Senior Structural Engineer you will be a key senior member of our multi-disciplined design engineering team in the Sydney office. Whilst relying on general structural engineering experience to be successful in this role you will be significantly experienced in bridges, retaining walls, noise walls, culverts, tunnels, water retaining structures and share our client focus and passion for technical excellence. You will lead the team for the inspection, condition assessment, structural analysis, engineering design, and documentation of infrastructures.
- Undergraduate Degree in related discipline is essential; Postgraduate qualifications are desirable as are other relevant professional training courses
- Extensive experience of undertaking structural design across a variety of sectors including highways and rail
- General experience of all aspects of structural engineering including new construction, modification of existing structures and capacity assessments
- Experience within a consulting engineering firm
- Develop and retain a high level of technical skill
- Passionate about training and mentoring junior team members
- Develop and maintain relationships with external parties to ensure maximum benefit is achieved for AECOM from these relationships
- Provide high quality technical advice to clients and ensures that the needs of clients are understood and met
- Project management activities will include seeking opportunities from clients, submitting proposals, project and design management for projects
- Create high performing, motivated and engaged teams via Performance Planning, Performance Management, appropriate Reward and Recognition, learning and development opportunities.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities