Senior Contaminated Land Consultant
- Positive and collaborative work environment
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation based in Perth CBD
- AECOM offer flexible work options and competitive remuneration
- Are you a Senior Contaminated Land Consultant looking for your next opportunity?
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Contaminated Land Consultant to join our highly regarded and dynamic Geoscience and Remediation Services team based in Perth. You will work with a great team of environmental engineers, scientists, geologists, hydrologists and hydrogeologists, providing contaminated land assessment and remediation consulting on a wide range of projects. The role includes the opportunity to work for large international oil and gas, mining and public sector clients across Western Australia and further afield.
The Senior Contaminated Land Consultant will play a significant role in managing and delivering excellent quality work for our Clients and support the growth of the contaminated land business by developing and enhancing client relationships and winning work.
- Management and coordination of various contaminated land projects, including preliminary and detailed site investigations, groundwater and soil vapour monitoring events, compliance monitoring and site remediation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients to enhance client retention and growth
- All aspects of project management, including preparation of scope and cost estimates, financial and budgetary management, resource allocation and scheduling, health and safety management and engagement of subcontractors.
- Effective verbal and written communication, liaison and management of clients, regulatory bodies, contaminated land auditors, subcontractors, vendors and analytical laboratories.
- Design of intrusive investigation and remediation programs, including preparation of sampling and analysis quality plans, placement and construction of groundwater and soil vapour monitoring wells, and selection of appropriate sampling and analytical techniques.
- Authoring and peer review high quality interpretative and technical deliverables, including proposal/tender preparation as required.
- To supervise, provide safety leadership and mentor/ develop junior staff.
- You will be required to work closely with our project teams to develop work programs designed to provide innovative and progressive project solutions for our clients. As such, we need an experienced professional, who possesses strong project management, technical, interpersonal and communication skills, and who is able to quickly respond to changing or challenging project needs. Whilst you will primarily be office-based, flexibility is a must, and you may be required to undertake field work from time-to-time as necessary.
- Minimum 6 years' demonstrated experience in a professional contaminated land consultancy setting, including developing knowledge in the areas of project management.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of contaminated land field methodologies, including supervision of drilling programs, service clearance and completion of groundwater and surface water sampling programs.
- Strong background in contaminated site assessment and characterisation, including data gap analysis, uncertainty evaluation, establishment of data quality objectives and conceptual site model development.
- Knowledge and experience of WA regulatory bodies, including application of the WA DER Contaminated Sites Act 2003.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification(s) in environmental science, geoscience, hydrology, soil science, environmental engineering or a related discipline.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities