An exciting opportunity for a proven Safety Officer to work in a meaningful road construction project.
AECOM Construction Services are currently interested in hiring proven construction Safety Officers with strong civil infrastructure or construction experience to be based in our busy Parramatta project office.
This is a role to work across multiple packages of road infrastructure construction the Easing Sydney’s Congestion program. Our project looks to significantly improve the congestion issue in Sydney’s inner suburbs and focus on Pinch Points, Clearways and Smart Motorways, through complex construction upgrades and improvements.
We currently have a fixed term opportunity available to start immediately with an initial contract until June 2020 on the Easing Sydney’s Congestion program working closely with RMS and sub-contractors across multiple sites.
The Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a proven Safety Officer or similar with ideally road infrastructure project exposure and a strong understanding of RMS standards or frameworks, as well as an ability to confidently work across some of the following tasks;
- Exercise professional judgement to plan, implement and monitor safety procedures on maintenance and project sites throughout a broad program of multiple packages of work
- Provide advice to key internal and external stakeholders on safety, environmental, cultural heritage or quality issues in line with current legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Foster and maintain relationships across various technical stakeholders and maintain effective communication with decision makers, councils, contractors and alliance groups
- Operate and install safety procedure and compliance across multiple construction sites and communicating effectively across Sub-Contractors, Contractors and State Government (RMS)
- Strive for consistent high quality operations and proactively manage safety risks in a fast-paced and complex construction environment
- Working closely with Section Leaders and Project Managers to deliver safer road infrastructure to set timelines and on budget
- Compliance with Australian standards and local RMS and AECOM protocols
- Ability to confidently communicate in a client-facing environment and achieve stakeholder buy-in on critical deliverables across major infrastructure
- Identify, develop and implement business improvement and change projects for OH&S activities under broad supervision.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Safety Management principles in relation to road maintenance and construction activities.
This role will be based within our Parramatta project office and potentially offer long-term employment following a 2 year fixed-term contract. There will be site work required across our multiple road infrastructure projects, which are generally based across inner suburban Sydney areas.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.