Environmental Planner/Town Planner
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation based in Fortitude Valley, QLD
- Get involved in some of Australia’s biggest projects
- Flexible work arrangements –work that suits the way you live
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Planner / Town Planner to join the expanding Impact Assessment and Permitting (IAP) team in our Brisbane office. You will provide approvals support to a broad range of projects across a variety of sectors including transport, renewable energy, mining, urban development and Defence. You will work closely with technical specialists of varying disciplines to deliver high quality statutory approvals documentation and advice to clients of all shapes and sizes. You will actively participate in, and contribute to, the technical aspects of projects, ensuring time and budget constraints are met. You will also be given the opportunity to play an active role in winning projects.With the support of other Senior Planners in our team, tasks will include identifying and seeking statutory approvals and permits for a range of infrastructure and renewable energy projects.
Utilising your excellent communication skills, you will build positive relationships with peers, clients and stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, contributing to the overall success of your business line.
Applicants for this role will have:
- 3-8 years’ of experience providing approvals support for projects and meeting project delivery requirements
- An established understanding of and ability to interpret and apply Commonwealth and Queensland planning and environment legislation to a wide range of projects and activities
- Experience in linear infrastructure and/or renewable energy approvals – beneficial but not essential
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- The successful applicant will have the ability to utilise critical analysis and problems solving to find appropriate solutions to development, legislative and planning issues.
- You will be a self-motivated and driven individual who has a passion for delivering quality outputs and excellent client service. Demonstrating that you can successfully work within a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment will be key to your success in this role.
- A degree in town planning, environmental planning, urban planning (or similar)
- An understanding of or experience using Geospatial Software (ArcGIS) – beneficial but not essential.
Benefits at AECOM
- The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
- We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.