A rewarding career
At Rio Tinto our goal is to challenge you and help you build a rich and rewarding career with us.
We offer an exceptional work environment where people are valued and respected for their individual differences.
Challenging and exciting work
- A safe working environment
- A diverse work environment
- Focus on innovation and technology
- Culture of collaboration and teamwork
Opportunities for learning and growth
- A structured career development programme
- Leadership training, as well as ongoing learning at all levels
- Prospects for mobility across the country, region or our global organisation
Competitive and equitable rewards and recognition
- Competitive base pay. Your base salary will be reviewed annually taking into account your individual performance and business and economic factors
- Comprehensive wealth accumulation programs and benefits
- Motivating incentive plans that recognise the difference you make
Our salary package and remuneration benefits include retirement contribution, medical aid, disability and personal accident cover. We aim to continually benchmark with other leading companies and conduct market salary surveys in our industry to ensure that we remain competitive in how we reward our employees. This will extend to introducing leading performance strategies and conditions of employment.
Employee Assistance Programme
Rio Tinto offers an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to all employees and their dependants who may require support or counselling. The EAP allows all employees to access qualified counselling through designated external and independent providers. Any service provided is entirely confidential and participation is voluntary.
Our commitment to equality and diversity
As a global organisation we understand the value of fostering a diverse workforce. We look at best practices around the world to ensure that our reward systems are transparent and equitable. When hiring or promoting, we’re not influenced by a person’s gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, politics, religion or physical abilities.