Learning and development
We’re passionate about developing our people - and rewarding them. Join us, and we’ll support you in achieving your career goals and more with opportunities, training and programs. It’s your choice.
Learning & Development
Optus strongly believes in developing and rewarding our existing employees. If you join our team, we'll support you to explore your potential. We offer many opportunities, activities and programs that can help you grow your career and reach your goals, whatever they may be.
Underpinned by our internal development philosophy that supports a holistic approach to learning and development, we offer you flexibility and choice to manage your career. Examples of the variety of learning and development resources we offer are:
- Support with your career through providing a range of resources and training on career planning and development.
- Access to diverse internal and external training courses on a range of topics, from technical skills to personal development topics like coaching and negotiation. We also support memberships of professional bodies and have an educational assistance policy for those pursuing relevant tertiary education.
- A mentoring program where people who want to learn and grow are paired with people who have the right knowledge and skills to share.
- Optus’ structured Talent Management program ensures high performers grow within the company and reach their full potential.
- Leadership Development in Optus consists of a core program for leaders, as well as a range of diverse development opportunities in line with individual needs and interests.
- A structured induction process to set you up for success in your new role.
- The Optus Engineering Cadet Program is a combination of on-the-job learning and TAFE studies for a three-year period. It provides education in leading telecommunications technologies, along with on-the-job experience and employment.
- The Graduate Development Program is designed to provide new university graduates with an in-depth knowledge of Optus and the broader industry, whilst expanding professional and leadership capabilities.
Welcome to Optus
Welcome to Optus is the Optus induction program, which welcomes you to Optus and sets you up for success by explaining where we’ve come from, where we’re headed and our Customer Experience vision
It’s a blended program including online material as well as a presentation. If you are going to join our call centre teams, you will receive a separate, structured induction program.
At the Welcome to Optus presentation, members of the Senior Leadership Team will talk to you about our vision, values, strategy, financial performance, brand, culture and Optus’ role as part of the Singtel Group. This is also an opportunity for you to meet other new starters and to talk to members of the Senior Leadership Team – a great introduction to our open and engaging culture!
Optus is committed to developing its leaders. We understand that leadership capability is key to our business success. As such, if you become a leader with us we will invest in your growth to make sure you truly realise your potential.
As an Optus leader, you will have access to a range of learning programs. These programs are tailored to different levels of experience and your working context. For example, if you are new to leadership we have programs to support you in learning the fundamentals of people management, and if you are a senior leader, there are a range of offerings to challenge you and grow your strategic capability.
We recognise that you are an individual, with unique learning needs, so our leadership development programs offer flexibility and choice. We provide a combination of bespoke in-house programs and external offerings delivered by leadership development experts, using a range of learning strategies.
In joining the leadership team at Optus, you have a vital role to play in shaping our culture and driving our strategy, and we make sure you continually develop to achieve that.