Health & Safety
We know that safety is everyone’s responsibility and our Group Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy ensures we are working to the highest standards for all employees, suppliers, contractors and visitors, in keeping with our company values.
Our key objective is to create a culture of zero tolerance to harm and injury and we are committed to taking all reasonably practicable steps to delivering this. This includes:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining group-wide and site-specific health, safety and wellbeing procedures and programs, that aim to continually improve health, safety and wellbeing outcomes
- Proactively identifying and assessing hazards and risks to health, safety and wellbeing to eliminate or effectively control risks prior to work being performed;
- Providing and maintaining a work environment without risks to health, safety and wellbeing including safe plant and structures and safe frameworks of work;
- Ensuring the safe use, handling, and storage of plant, structures and substances;
- Ensuring the provision of adequate facilities for the welfare at work of workers while carrying out work for CCA;
- Ensuring the safety of contractors and visitors to CCA's premises;
- Providing appropriate, information, training, instruction and supervision as is necessary to ensure
- workers can and do carry out their duties competently and safely;
- Ensuring all workers are aware of and comply with this policy and that all hazards, risks and any injuries are reported within our defined time frames;
- Providing opportunities for workers to participate in and contribute to the decision-making process on health, safety and wellbeing matters in the workplace and promote a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture through consultation, co-operation and co-ordination;
- Making adequate resources available to implement our health, safety and wellbeing policies, standards and programs.