We recognise the skills, experience and commitment that our employees bring to their professional lives, and we seek to reward them accordingly. We also recognise that for our employees to be able to perform at their best, we need to ensure they are able to bring their best selves to work.
Our commitment to employee wellbeing is having engaged people supported by resilient leaders within a values-aligned culture.
The key pillars of our Wellbeing Strategy are related to a sense of community, our people and leadership capability, facilitating a culture of wellbeing and addressing our health risk factors.
Some benefits offered to all employees:
- Subsidised corporate team sports, running events and pedometer challenge
- Regular social and team building events
- Access to the Employee Assistance program – professional and confidential counselling sessions for employees and their immediate families
- Yearly health checks for all employees, along with comprehensive health assessments for Executives and any employees over 40 years of age
- Provision of fruit and ergonomic workstation assessments
- Annual influenza vaccinations
- Ability to use flexible working hours for operational closedown between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Annual APRA Day – one day of leave to be taken at a time of your choosing
To help promote positive wellbeing, we conduct mental health awareness workshops and our Leading for Wellbeing program supports managers in developing the skills and knowledge to create a safe culture within their teams and across the organisation.
Our Wellbeing Ambassador Network consists of trained volunteer employees who have an interest in supporting their colleagues and looking at new initiatives to improve employee wellbeing.