Key facts about AGL's commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Our Diversity and Inclusion Policy describes our approach to diversity and inclusion and how these attributes are promoted and embedded throughout our business.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Council oversees a comprehensive strategy to build inclusion and foster diversity in all its forms across our workplaces. The Council is chaired by our CEO and Managing Director, Andy Vesey, and during FY17 comprised 14 other leaders from across our major businesses and geographies, representing different diversity interests.
Our current priorities are:
- continuing to build AGL's culture of inclusion, embedding diversity and inclusion concepts and principles in our people processes, training and decision making
- expanding areas of focus to ensure support for other priority needs of our people including support for people impacted by domestic violence, accessibility for people with a disability, and continuing local initiatives for mature age workers and cultural inclusion
- building greater alignment and engagement of diversity and inclusion strategies to support the changing needs of the customers we serve and the communities in which we operate
- maintaining our focus on gender equity with an emphasis on removing barriers for women to increase their representation in leadership
- raising the bar on our work to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) inclusion, continuing with a holistic program that encompasses work with our employees, the community and our customers, and
- translating flexibility for our different businesses and workplaces, and equipping leaders to confidently manage a flexible workforce.
If you would like to learn more about AGL Diversity & Inclusion as well on focus on gender equality, please click on the reporting suite below: