- Are you a customer focused individual with experience in Purchasing operations?
- This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills, learning from our knowledgeable & supportive team
- Kwinana based permanent position, open to flexible working including Job Share, Part-time and flexible start and finish times
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers operates chemical, gas and fertiliser businesses that service a range of sectors in both domestic and international markets. We have operations around Australia and employ around 1,200 people nationally.
Our diverse businesses are well-recognised industry leaders in their own right and continuously strive to find innovative and sustainable ways to meet customers’ needs in existing and new chemical, gas and fertiliser markets.
About this Opportunity:
With your ‘can-do’ attitude and customer focus, you will be an important member of the Supply team and support the purchasing of goods and services across the WesCEF division. As the single point of contact for the procurement of services at CSBP, your key responsibilities will include:
- Executing CSBP’s purchasing needs including processing and modifying purchase orders and issuing price and availability requests in collaboration with other Supply team members according to defined frameworks.
- Engaging with business unit stakeholders to meet their day to day goods and services purchasing needs, and to drive efficient contracts implementation on site.
- Onboarding suppliers from either supplier or internal customer requests including checking ABN, identifying and obtaining trust indemnity letters, bank account confirmation calls where appropriate and other onboarding activities.
- Ensuring that procurement activities comply at all times with relevant regulatory and ethical standards and licenses.
- Identifying improvements to systems and procedures to maximize productivity and increase effectiveness.
- Promoting company values and working as a team with others in a positive environment.
Do you have the following attributes, skills & experience?
- A strong teamwork focus and a willingness to learn
- Time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrated understanding and use of procurement methodologies and sourcing skills
- Experience in a similar purchasing role, preferably in an industrial operation
- Capability and self-sufficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and knowledge of procurement modules of Oracle eBusiness, JD Edwards or similar
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers is supportive of a flexible employment arrangement and will consider options such as varied start/finishing times, part-time hours, job sharing arrangements and working from home.
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers is committed to building an engaged and talented workforce that is representative of the people who live in the communities where we operate. Fostering an environment where diversity of thinking, skills and experiences are embraced, delivering innovation and better business results. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 23 February 2018