Occupational Hygiene Advisor
- Are you looking for a new opportunity to utilise your hygiene and safety expertise?
- Join our dynamic and supportive Health & Safety team based at our CSBP Kwinana site
- Permanent full-time role that is open to flexible working arrangements including varied start and finish times
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers (WesCEF) operates businesses that service a range of sectors in both domestic and international markets. We recognise that our people are central to our success; after all they have helped drive our businesses to become well-recognised industry leaders for over 100 years.
We are a talented and engaged group of people who strive to support our innovative and sustainable businesses through diversity of thinking, skills and experiences.
About this opportunity:
With your real passion for hygiene and safety, you will be an instrumental member of the Health & Safety team through the provision of your hygiene expertise and guidance. In this varied role, you’ll be responsible for cultivating positive occupational hygiene and safety values, building capability in our people and integrating hygiene practices within all business processes across WesCEF. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working collectively with internal and external departments to improve hygiene and safety standards with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Evaluating occupational hygiene risks and exposures on site and regularly reporting to relevant operational areas on risk assessments and occupational hygiene monitoring results.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining hygiene management systems as required by risk assessment programs.
- Minimising the risk to employee’s health by assisting in the planning and implementation of effective employee hygiene strategies.
- Participating in the internal Safety Audit Program, identifying any hygiene and safety non-compliances and offering solution-based outcomes.
- Ongoing review and improvement of hygiene and safety documentation and procedures and communicating relevant changes to all employees in a way that is easily understood.
- Participating in planning to deliver the requirements of the SMS/EMS and the annual HSE Business plan, as well as being accountable for actions that are assigned from this plan.
- Champion a safety culture in line with our Safe Person, Safe Process and Safe Place approach.
This role may require some interstate travel and you may be called outside of normal operating hours during emergency situations.
Do you have a mixture of the following skills, capabilities and experience?
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a heavy industrial operation.
- Deep understanding of relevant legislation and regulations.
- Highly organised, with advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with a customer-focused mindset.
- Self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualification in a Science-related discipline (desirable but not essential).
- AIOH membership (Associate Grade minimum) with ability to achieve COH.
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We pride ourselves on developing and supporting people and recognise the importance of flexibility. When you apply, please let us know if you are seeking a flexible employment arrangement.
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday, 20 June 2018