- Do you have a passion for building analytics models, uncovering business insights and sharing reproducible results?
- Possibility to work on complex problems, interesting data sets and shape the WesCEF’s Advanced Analytics roadmap
- Join the WesCEF analytics team and support our interesting and diverse businesses derive value from their data
Convenient Murdoch location withfree parking, competitive remuneration and flexible working options available
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers (WesCEF) operates businesses that service a range of sectors in both domestic and international markets. We recognise that our people are central to our success; after all they have helped drive our businesses to become well-recognised industry leaders for over 100 years.
We are a talented and engaged group of people who strive to support our innovative and sustainable businesses through diversity of thinking, skills and experiences.
About this opportunity:
Be part of a growing and diverse organisation and have opportunity to grow, innovate and instil real change that will drive our increasing dedication to advanced analytics.
As a member of our data analytics team you will work with our businesses to perform analyses, build high quality models, and design experiments that will help to improve our business performance. The role will offer great personal development as you will be working with a range of interesting and critical data sets whilst using new technologies. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting analysis to address relevant business questions and support data driven decisions
- Gaining business insights through analysis of complex data sources
- Promoting intelligence opportunities through predictive analytics, machine learning and other forecasting techniques
- Providing recommendations and improve data quality
- Researching & experimenting with emerging technologies and tools
- Helping to shape the advanced analytics roadmap
Do you have a mixture of the following skills and experience?
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence and consult with a diverse audience
- Knowledge of Data Science and Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning
- A tertiary qualification particularly in Mathematics & Statistics or Computer Science or equivalent experience in a Data Science role
- Experience in one or more programming languages particularly Python, R and SQL
- Translational skill and ability to explain analysis and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Experience in or exposure to industrial domain problems will be highly regarded
- Background in working with large datasets used cloud technologies on Azure or AWS will be highly regarded
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We pride ourselves on developing and supporting people and recognise the importance of flexibility. When you apply, please let us know if you are seeking a flexible employment arrangement.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 27 July 2018