Are you looking for a new opportunity to utilise your expertise in communications and people to contribute to the success of our organisation?
Lead our small, but dynamic and collaborative Communications team while still being a strong contributor yourself.
Convenient Murdoch location, this permanent role is offered on a flexible basis with part-time (50% FTE and above) ideal for the role.
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers (WesCEF) operates businesses that service a range of sectors in both domestic and international markets. We recognise that our people are central to our success; after all they have helped drive our businesses to become well-recognised industry leaders for over 100 years.
We are a talented and engaged group of people who strive to support our innovative and sustainable businesses through diversity of thinking, skills and experiences.
About this opportunity:
Leading our Communications team, you will work across both our executive leadership team as well as all the senior leaders to develop and execute a broad range of primarily internal with some external communications strategies. You will be responsible for:
- enhancing company reputation through anticipating, monitoring and managing issues including during crisis external stakeholder management, managing a variety of communications, and providing counsel to senior management
- supporting the ongoing evolution of our positive culture as well as employee attraction and retention initiatives through highly engaging internal communication and event management
- positively contributing to business growth strategies by strengthening relationships with government, regulators, media and community groups
- overseeing annual sustainability reporting as well as the management and improvement our community investment programs
- providing effective and engaging leadership to the Communications team while still participating as a strong contributor
- building strong partnerships with business leaders
- overseeing management of team budget
- identifying and pursuing positive media opportunities and manage media contact and responses
Do you have a mixture of the following skills, capabilities and experience?
- A genuine belief that the communication function is an essential ingredient in any successful culture and business.
- Self-confidence to collaborate across teams but also to challenge the status quo.
- The ability to connect with a diverse range of people at all levels.
- Proven success in a similar communications role
- A passion for teamwork and open, honest communication.
- Ability to work with the team to build on their strengths and provide development opportunities.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- An understanding of, or experience with similar industries will be highly regarded.
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We pride ourselves on developing and supporting people and recognise the importance of flexibility. When you apply, please let us know if you are seeking a flexible employment arrangement.
Applications close: 5pm Sunday, 22 April 2018