As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of projects within the Digital Program of work. You will need to be able to hit the ground running as this project is in flight and has some critical time frames. You will provide technical leadership across all the digital programs in flight, reporting to the Project Manager and Enterprise Architect. Analysing the systems environment and providing solution to the projects requirements will be critical to the success of projects which aim to achieve significant productivity and customer experience gains.
duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience as a Solution Architect working with mobile/web architecture
- Established and maintained architecture in complex technical environments, integrating across business domains and with external partners
- Demonstrable experience architecting and developing solutions across desktop, web, tablet and mobile devices
- Expertise in a range of digital technologies including CX, API, mobile app frameworks and cloud platforms
- Good knowledge of cyber security issues and practices
- Provide architectural guidance to the project team
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
- Render consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the project team
- Ensure that solution architecture (software and programs) designed are in sync with business needs and hardware
- Review the proposal of vendors and suppliers to ensure that quality inputs are delivered at the least possible cost
- Monitor the activities of external programmers or developers on IT solution projects
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals
- Keep accurate record of materials used, expected deliverables, and milestones achieved
- Ensure that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time
- Conduct workshops with SMEs across the business and technology teams
- Document user stories to capture all requirements
- Build strong relationships with business and technology stakeholders
- Provide a point of contact for project stakeholders relating to the solution architecture
- Ensure project artefacts that are produced either internally or by external parties are of excellent standard/quality to allow successful delivery of projects and traceability of requirements.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills across all enterprise levels
- Ability to collaborate with SMEs, developers & testers
- Ability to prepare for and facilitate face-to-face workshops
- Organisational and problem-solving abilities
- Prior experience in development of solution architectures for mid size ICT enabled programs and projects
- A flexible attitude towards change within a growing business promoting continuous improvement and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated experience with Business Architecture focusing on cloud based solutions, integration, data, workflow solutions, and other domains for instance: business, data, application, infrastructure, security and network architecture.
- Experience with integrating systems through cloud middleware solutions working across multiple streams of work
- Tertiary qualification in information technology or industry related experience (desired)
- Experience with industry frameworks, software and tools in architecture (e.g. TOGAF, SOA)
- Customer service orientated, the ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on all levels
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
Before you go...Vocus is about continually improving to be the best and having fun on the way there. We work hard and we play hard. There is no dress code and we give you a day off on your anniversary.
If you are keen to jump on our boat and make it go faster, click on the link below and get busy on your resume and cover letter and apply to the company that wants to be the most loved TelImmediate Start!, Contract Role!, Great career opportunity!