As the fourth largest Telco in Australia, Vocus Group continues to grow and we are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to shape, activate, manage and deliver business critical projects across the Vocus Enterprise and Wholesale business group.
You will take responsibility for leading the successful delivery of diverse application software projects from concept to closure within scope, time, budgetary and resourcing constraints. Leveraging agile and customer centric approaches in designing and implementing technology solutions you will be charged with the delivery of projects that are of strategic and operational benefit to Vocus.
Past experience working in a matrix model of up to 24 people across the business, you will be able to successfully manage the expectations of sponsors and stakeholders whilst managing project risks and developing contingency plans.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the program from launch to completion, planning the resourcing and delivery of the program and activities in accordance with the goals of the Steering Committee and so your ability to liaise on multiple levels with project team members, business users and various technical departments within Technology will be key to your success.
The day to day
What you need to bring to the table
• Extensive experience in managing complex enterprise scale Telecommunications programs
• Substantial knowledge in formal program/project management methodologies such as PRINCE 2 / PMBOK
• Similar Project/Program Management experience in a telecommunications operational context
• Contemporary knowledge of telco network, OSS, BSS and ITIL
• Effective Change Management experience in a complex environment
• Extensive recent relevant experience of Application Development projects
• Extensive recent relevant experience in working within Telco networking and or Technology focused organisation
• Relevant experience in Business Process/Service Management - eg ITIL, Six Sigma
• Extensive recent relevant experience in a Project Management role on such projects - ie SHAPING, planning, executing and reporting to Exec level SC's
• Experience working with consultancies and other service providers to deliver programs.
• Strong commercial experience - ie in developing SOW's in an enterprise program delivery context.
• Demonstrated structured approach to program management whilst ensuring quick delivery cadence
• Demonstrated ability to deliver in highly matrixed organisations
• Project management skills and knowledge of methodologies.
If that’s not enough we are also looking for…
• Experience in planning, solution design, business case development and project management techniques.
• Well-developed time management skills
• Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills
• Sound ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
• Sound technical specification writing/documentation skills.
• Confidence and experience in customer service roles
• Leadership and supervisor skills, underpinned by a genuine respect of “people are our greatest asset”.
• Provide leadership in the assigned areas of expertise.
Before you go...........let me tell you a bit about us. We are about market domination and having fun on the way there. We know how to celebrate when we smash it and we know not to sweat the small stuff. We are all about flexible working and, hand-on-heart, practice work life balance. We let you buy more leave and hand it out if you hang around for five years. We have no dress code and we give you a day off on your anniversary. There is sooooo much more, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn and have a read about us........promise, it will make you smile!Fastest growing telco on the ASX, Opportunity to make your mark in the Telco world, Great team benefits