Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Reporting to the Financial Planning & Forecasting Manager (FPFM) this role is responsible for the delivery of the annual budget cycle, rolling forecasts and financial planning for the Vocus Consumer division. Working alongside the Finance Business Partners and the broader business, this role will provide insightful reporting of business performance and play a key role in aligning business strategy and financial objectives. The Senior FP&A Analyst will assist with business case development and facilitate robust business decision making processes.
- Create and use appropriate driver based financial models which leverage the insight and predictive capabilities of the digital and analytics team to facilitate rolling forecasting capabilities
- In conjunction with the FPFM and dedicated Finance Business Partner, provide timely, accurate and insightful weekly and monthly analysis of the operating business units performance.
- Provide ﬁnancial leadership in determining strategic business direction and align ﬁnancial and business strategies to this.
- Coordinate and assist with the annual and quarterly planning and forecasting processes, leveraging SaaS technology to inspire cross departmental collaboration and enhanced P&L ownership, delivering operating plans and budgets, and key performance metrics in accordance with Group instructions and timelines.
- Provide support for business cases where required for business improvement initiatives and compliance programs with subsequent benefits tracking across the Consumer business
- Assist the FPFM and Finance General Manager to identify and put in place processes to increase value and reduce costs through product optimisation; pricing, costing, and operational effectiveness.
- No less than five years’ experience
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong financial modelling skills with ability to leverage technology to improve robustness of financial models and improve user experience
- Strong accounting and commercial business skills with thorough understanding of the annual planning and quarterly reforecasting cycle
- A high level of conceptual, analytical, and interpretive skills
- Strong relationship building skills with expertise in the effective management of diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and able to work collaboratively.
- Mature, stable temperament, team-player, able to work with minimal supervision, “can-do” attitude with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritise key tasks and flexibility in managing multiple/conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to support the delivery of quality operational and business outcomes aligned to the organisation’s strategic direction.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and consultation skills.
- Experience communicating with, and presenting to, diverse stakeholders, including regional operations and national management roles, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Big 4 Background preferably with experience in the FMCG / Telecommunications / Technology industry
Before you go...let me tell you a bit about us. We are about market domination and having fun on the way there. We know how to celebrate when we smash it and we know not to sweat the small stuff. We are all about flexible working and, hand-on-heart, practice work life balance. We let you buy more leave and hand it out if you hang around for five years. We have no dress code and we give you a day off on your anniversary. There is sooooo much more, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn and have a read about us........promise, it will make you smile!Fast-growing, ASX-listed Telco!, Awesome employee benefits and a dynamic team environment!, Great team benefits!