Senior Design Researcher
The Design Researcher is accountable for supporting the Digital Strategy and Experience Design team, focussing on embedding a User Centred Culture and Design Research process and methodology and conducting research to ensure our experiences and designs are customer led.
Collaborating with Product, Sales & Marketing and Technology teams, you will support the strategic delivery of a world-class digital design experience that evokes brand personality, drives high engagement, and targets strong digital sales and self-service outcomes across all devices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Design Research Practice Lead to conduct human centred research to understand and improve the user/customer experience for key brands within Vocus
- Drafting recruitment specifications and liaising with participant recruitment agencies
- Drafting discussion/moderation guides for qualitative research
- Moderating qualitative research sessions (e.g., usability testing, contextual inquiries, depth interviews, co-design workshops)
- Assisting on quantitative research projects (survey programming, visualising data)
- Assisting with the synthesis of research findings and articulating them in multiple formats (e.g., verbal presentations, written reports, customer journey maps, personas)
- Assisting the translation of research findings into appropriate recommendations and design solutions, and working closely with multiple teams to action these recommendations
- Grow a culture and methodology of customer research and testing into Vocus, championing the customer and their needs, and using this platform to guide the delivery of best practice experiences.
- Partner with Product, Sales and Marketing teams to support the creation of a benchmark service design experience and CX research capability, augmenting this initiative with dedicated digital knowledge, UX strategy and requirements.
- Undertake the execution of Design Research projects and support the thinking for these approaches for Discovery, Defining, Design and Delivery phases.
- Help support the creation and management of a repository of customer requirements, sentiments and feedback, and ensure this data is a major inclusion within the design process.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in successfully completing most of the above tasks and demonstrates a willingness to learn the rest.
- Visual design skills preferred, but not essential
- Experience in digital UX/CX or service design preferred
- Experience in qualitative research
- Experience in quantitative research methods is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of ethical research principles
- Experience in design thinking, journey mapping, and persona creation activities
- Demonstrable project management experience and an ability to work within tightly defined budgetary parameters.
- Educational background in either human centred design or social sciences is essential (higher degree, e.g., Honours, or Masters preferred)
- Exceptional cognitive, written and verbal skills and relationship management expertise.
- Mental flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate research insights to senior stakeholders.
Before you go...let me tell you a bit about us. We are about market domination and having fun on the way there. We know how to celebrate when we smash it and we know not to sweat the small stuff. We are all about flexible working and, hand-on-heart, practice work life balance. We let you buy more leave and hand it out if you hang around for five years. We have no dress code and we give you a day off on your anniversary. There is sooooo much more, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn and have a read about us........promise, it will make you smile!
Fast-growing, ASX-listed Telco!, Opportunity to be part of a growing company with so much potential!, Awesome company benefits!