The Product Manager – WAN is accountable for the P&L, market share growth and high customer engagement for a portfolio of new and existing strategically important WAN (Wide Area Network) products and services.
The role owns Vocus’ go-to-market strategies for WAN’s and is critical in providing future direction, development and delivery of product differentiation from Vocus’ major competitor base and developing compelling customer value propositions for products and services within the portfolio. The Product Manager assumes complete accountability for all market facing aspects of the product life cycle for WAN products.
- Be the product expert with regards to commercial aspects in markets related to the portfolio
- Be the market expert on current and upcoming changes to WAN products
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to the sales and pre-sales teams on value propositions and market positioning
- Intimately understand buyer behaviour
- Manage the product Roadmap
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders to improve the existing product and deploy new capabilities in sync with developments in WAN technologies
- Formalise requirements for product enhancements and new product development initiatives
- Work closely with the technical product team to cover market needs into product requirements
- Pricing and cost models for the products
- Work with marketing to formalise segmentation, develop collateral, campaigns, promotions
- Meet customers to present the Vocus story and to learn about their evolving needs
- Ensure that sales has the appropriate collateral and training available for all products
- Provide the product specs for VocusOne (portal) to simplify the quoting, ordering and performance review
- Formalise discount delegations with GM Sales
- Work with legal to enhance product related terms and conditions
- Maintain a high level of awareness of new market developments
- Work closely with account management to understand challenges and improve customer experience
- Assists in the long term sustainable growth potential for all key accounts
- Monitors and combats competitor activity
BUSINESS AS USUAL
- Product Life Cycle Management - manage a product from early concept design to go-to-market execution, operational support and product retirement. This includes tasks such as product positioning, pricing, product portfolio management, introduction of new features and functions, competitive strategy, partnering and go-to-market models.
- Drive innovation by keeping abreast of technology developments and trends and regularly update on changes in market needs.
- Market Research - Assess market trends across industry segments, identification of market growth opportunities, establishment of customer needs, competitive landscape and market direction in the determination of product innovation with an ultimate goal of exploiting new market opportunities.
- Product Management and Roadmap - specifying and developing product offerings to develop new revenue growth opportunities for Vocus.
- Product Initiatives – Manage continuous improvement across the existing product portfolio in the way products are marketed, sold, contracted, implemented, supported, billed and reported.
- Track and report on performance of products.
- Continuously improve the performance of the products by taking relevant corrective and preventive actions.
- Develop benchmarks against competitors’ products to improve product offerings and pricing framework for new and/or existing services to ensure market competitiveness and product relevance.
- Develop pricing strategies including customised packages for segment markets to meet specific customer needs.
- Work with Marketing to develop product messaging, product literature such as brochures, sales kits, white papers, and promotion material to facilitate sales.
- Train the sales teams and Channel and Business partners on Vocus products and/or services within the portfolio
- Communicate product positioning and unique selling points to the market.
- Assist pre-sales teams in developing technical solutions
- Lead the business on where the market will be 1-2 years from now.
- Product Development and Delivery – from idea generation, proof of concepts through to commercial models, product support and operations (provisioning, billing, legal etc.).
- Develop and lead execution of go-to-market plans and tactics for new products.
- Product Definition and Design – product and/or service definition, target market, competitive summary, detailed description of product features, system requirements, sales, billing and support requirements.
- Work with all business units, such as Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Service Delivery, IT Systems, Operational Support, Commercial, Finance and Legal to take to market new products and ensure Vocus’ complete ability to fully support the delivery of products within the marketplace.
- Project Management - leading cross-functional teams including marketing, sales, service delivery, legal, IT systems and support to develop and launch new product and/or service offerings.
- Develop the first few technical solutions based on real customer opportunities
- End of Life – manage retirement of end of life products and/or services including transition to replacement services and dealing with any legacy requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience doing product management in a Telco is essential
- Deep knowledge of NBN’s services, pricing and Roadmap is critical
- Previous experience managing WAN (IP WAN, E-LAN) products will be ideal
- Ideally suited for those that have come into product management from pre-sales/solutions engineering and have demonstrated strong commercial acumen
- High level experience with LAN / MAN / WAN products
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to both technical and commercial audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide variety of people at different levels
- Ability to research new product opportunities, including identification of new potential suppliers, partners and customers.
- High level of computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to train staff
- Commercial acumen
Before you go: Let me tell you a bit about us. We are about market domination and having fun on the way there. We know how to celebrate when we smash it and we know not to sweat the small stuff. We are all about flexible working and, hand-on-heart, practice work life balance. We let you buy more leave and hand it out if you hang around for five years. We have no dress code and we give you a day off on your anniversary. There is sooooo much more, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn and have a read about us...promise, it will make you smile!Fast-growing, ASX-listed Telco!, Awesome employee benefits and a dynamic team environment!, Dedicated work stream to focus on!